(Senior) Research Associate, Molecular Biology
Proclinical is seeking a Research Associate to contribute to in vitro research and development efforts to screen and characterize antisense oligos against novel gene targets. The successful candidate will be a self-starter and work collaboratively as part of a team. This is an exciting opportunity to join an early-stage company to help drive research, development, and strategic efforts to bring novel therapeutics to patients in need.
- Optimization and troubleshooting of methods to screen and characterize activity of antisense oligonucleotides (ASOs)
- Work with manager to develop in vitro assays to evaluate impact of antisense oligonucleotides on RNA transcripts, protein expression, and other project-specific assays
- Apply molecular and cell-based assays including but not limited to RNA transfection, RNA & protein isolation, RT-qPCR, western blot, and fluorescence immunocytochemistry
Skills and Requirements
- B.S. or M.S. degree in molecular biology or related field
- Minimum of 3-5 years' experience working in an academic or industry lab setting
- Strong molecular biology skills including basics such as qRT-PCR, western blot, primer/probe design, cell transfection, etc.
- Experience working in mammalian cell culture
- Basic understanding of genomics and transcriptomics, including gene regulation and splicing mechanisms
- Strong time management, organization, and prioritization abilities
If you are having difficulty in applying or if you have any questions, please contact Marta Suazo at (+1) 347-960-4479 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Proclinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.
Proclinical Staffing is an equal opportunity employer.