Senior Research Associate
Proclinical is currently recruiting for a Senior Research Associate with a pharmaceutical company located in San Diego, CA.
- Independently works on routine assignments per written procedures
- Performs complex in vivo pharmacology experiments utilizing tumor models (syngeneic, xenograft tumor models and humanized mouse models) in both immunocompetent and immunocompromised mice; responsible for project execution, data update/presentation, and study report preparation
- Performs formulation of small molecules and conduct animal dosing (IV, PO, IP, SC), tumor implantation, blood/tissue collection, etc.
- Effectively communicates with internal colleagues
- Develops, implements, optimizes, and validates animal models in different disease areas
- Plays an active role in training other employees
- Accurately interprets experimental data, draw general conclusions, and communicate data internally and externally
- Analyzes results and generate reports on assays performed.
- Must possess creative thinking, analytic skills, and be detail oriented and able to trouble-shoot effectively
- Takes a Project Lead role within cross-functional organization
- Has the ability to recognize deviation from accepted practice and trouble-shooting is required
- Receives minimal instructions on routine work and new assignments with detailed instructions.
- Has the ability to work in a team environment and independently as required
- May be required to work Holidays and weekends
- Contributes to the overall operations and to the achievement of departmental goals
- Perform job specific tasks in compliance with applicable Regulations, International Standards, and company Policies and Standard Operating Procedures.
- Thorough understanding of Good Laboratory Practices and Good Manufacturing Practices
- Other duties as assigned
- May be required to assist in other departments
Skills and Requirements:
- Master degree in Molecular and Cell Biology or Bachelor degree with minimum 3 -5 years of relative working experience.
- Experience with in vitro and in vivo pharmacology studies, e.g. sterile cell culture techniques, and rodent handling experience (animal dosing (IV, PO, IP, SC), tumor implantation, blood/tissue collection, etc.) in academic or industry laboratory environment.
- Work experience in CRO or in a commercial setting is preferred.
- Demonstrated deep understanding of complex scientific procedures with technical proficiency in molecular and cell biology
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills, and interpersonal skills to seamlessly fit within a teamwork driven environment.
- Effectively communicate with internal team colleagues and external clients to promote a world-class services.
- Proficient in Oral & Written communication skills
- Need to be able to read, write and understand English
- Proficient in Microsoft (Excel, Word, Outlook)
If you are having difficulty in applying or if you have any questions, please contact Nikki Ranieri at 215-531-5288.
ProClinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.
Proclinical Staffing is an equal opportunity employer.