Senior Research Analyst
A healthcare company that specialises in real world data insight is currently looking to employ a Senior Research Analyst. Based in London, the successful applicant will provide the vital link between the company's Delivery Team (Analysts, Modelers, and Developers) and the company's Clients by supporting and ensuring the successful completion of analytical, building, testing, and deployment of research projects, healthcare-related software, and other products and services for the improvement of healthcare and access to medicines. This is an exciting opportunity to work with an organisation that prides itself on its outstanding heritage in healthcare.
- Designing and implementing studies on healthcare data (e.g. Hospital Episode Statistics, Clinical Practice Research Datalink data, and Public Health England datasets on cancer) including study methodology, statistical methods, and machine learning techniques
- Attending client meetings to scope research projects, including instructions, specifications, codes, and other research requirements, thus translating the client need to a scoping document for the Delivery Team with clear deliverables.
- Owning and developing relationships with clients, working with them to optimise and enhance our solutions to fit their needs and possibly exceed expectations.
- Liaising with the delivery team for clarification and refinement of project specifications to ensure adherence to the project scope, research principles, and regulatory obligations.
- Programming the study methodology into interfaces including R, SQL, and Python.
- Composing executive summaries, manuscripts, abstracts, and other communication materials to a quality that is publishable in peer-reviewed journals, or presentable in international conferences.
- Evaluation of existing risks and prediction of potential problems in research projects while complying with quality assurance practices and assessments, including reporting on common sources of technical issues or questions, making recommendations to the delivery team as appropriate.
- Communicating key insights and findings to the delivery team and to clients.
- Developing and conceptualizing new research methodologies, data sources, research output for the current and targeted clients.
- Scouting new opportunities on the horizon for the company to expand into.
- Validating other analyst's work and making recommendations to improve them.
- Providing sign-off on project output for compliance scope, client needs, and internal standards of accuracy, methodological robustness and quality.
Skills and Requirements:
- Degree qualified (Epidemiology/Medical Statistics/Public Health or other degree involving numerical analysis and/or health research).
- Previous experience in Healthcare Analysis (at least 2 years, ideally more).
- Knowledge of administrative healthcare datasets, particularly in the UK (e.g. HES, CPRD, PHE datasets).
- Knowledge and experience in executing research projects or creating technology and software in healthcare.
- Knowledge of statistical methodology and study design (e.g. inferential statistics, regression and modelling, demographics, prevalence and incidence).
- Solid experience in writing SQL queries.
- Solid experience in using Microsoft Excel functions and formatting.
- Experience using statistical tests especially in Microsoft Excel and other software such as R or Python.
- Proven experience in eliciting requirements from clients.
- Experience in validating the output of a project, especially methodology, code and scripts, as well as results.
- Experience creating detailed, validated, and accurate data reports and report summaries.
- Excellent planning, organizational, and time management skills with track record of following through on commitments and solving problems.
- Experience in analyzing data to draw relevant conclusions.
- Experience liaising with clients, particularly senior and experienced member of client organisations who are technically versed in healthcare research, statistics, data science, health economics, and/or market access.
- Experience working with clients in the pharmaceutical or medical device industry.
- Experience in health economics, health technology assessment.
- Experience of Agile methodology and Business Transformation skills (Six Sigma, Lean processes).
- Experience using Machine Learning Techniques.
- Experience in data visualization techniques and tools (e.g. Sankey diagrams, Forest plots).
- Evidence of publications in peer-reviewed journals and previous presentations in scientific congresses and conferences.
- Demonstrable multitasking, project management, and execution skills.
- Good interpersonal skills, including communication, presentation, persuasion, and influence.
- Good organisational skills, including efficiency, punctuality, and collaboration in a team environment.
- Proficiency with computer skills, such as MS Office.
Please click on the Apply button. Please include a short note outlining why you are interested in the role and why you think you are suitable.
In case you have difficulty in applying or if you have any questions, please contact Carl Hainsby at +44 203 846 0645 or upload your CV on our website - www.proclinical.com.
A full job description is available on request.
ProClinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.