Senior Publications Manager - Inhouse Role - PhD required
Proclinical is currently recruiting for a Senior Publications Manager with a global healthcare business with offices in the U.S., Australia, Germany and Singapore, working to improve outcomes in people with cancer. As the Scientific Publications and Communications Manager, you will manage the development and ensure timely execution of the strategic global publication plan.
- Manage the global publication plan (abstract, posters, orals, manuscripts, reviews) per GPP3 and company publication policy
- Track publication plan milestones
- Update quarterly publication dashboards, prepare publication announcements, and update monthly update slides
- Write and/or edit publications, as needed
- Gather information and provide input regarding appropriate journal selection for publication dissemination
- Conduct reviews (and coordinate those of other internal reviewers) of publications that report data from company sponsored trials, research collaborations, and investigator-initiated trials
- Archive approved publications and drafts, documentation of author participation, and other supporting documentation
- Organize monthly global publication team meetings and write meeting minutes - with Global Direct determine agenda and focus of team meeting
- Engagement with authors required
- Coach and guide publication development/ approval processes with internal/external stakeholders, as needed.
- Develop scientific communication initiatives including but not limited to literature summaries, FAQs, slide decks, and training materials
- Support development of global marketing and training materials
- Develop high-quality scientific content by means of all necessary research, scientific writing, editing, and fact checking, to meet deadlines while working within project scope and objectives
- Serve as a medical reviewer on Medical Review Committee and Promotional Review Committee as needed.
- Must be willing to work flexible hours to accommodate collaboration with authors in time zones outside the United States, as needed.
Skill and Requirements:
- Education Required: Advanced degree (i.e. MS, Pharm.D., or PhD)
- 5+ years of Life Sciences experience (Pharma, Medical Device, Biotech) in a Publications role
- CMPP certification
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong project management skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to lead initiatives across functions
- Able to plan, prioritize, and execute multiple projects; ability to multitask and work both independently and within multi-disciplinary teams.
- Understand the clinical development process
- Proficient with Microsoft Office applications (e.g., Outlook, Excel, Power Point) is required, as well as familiarity and working knowledge of key software applications relevant to publication planning and implementation.
- Level of position commensurate with experience.
- Knowledge of the clinical development process
- This role requires flexibility and adaptability to change. Essential behaviors valued in this role include continuous improvement/learning, and working collaboratively with internal and external stakeholders
- Ability to travel (US and International) as necessary
- Experience in or exposure to strategic and tactical publication planning
- Experience in working closely with KOLs and authors
- Proficient with good publication practices and industry standard guidelines
If you are having difficulty in applying or if you have any questions, please contact George Watson at (+1) 929-223-4835 or email@example.com.
Proclinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.
Proclinical Staffing is an equal opportunity employer.