Senior Medical Science Liaison Germany
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join a leading international pharmaceutical company as a Senior Medical Science Liaison with their German office. The organisation develops breakthrough medicines for patients across the fields of cancer, rare genetic diseases, and metabolic immuno-oncology. This is an exciting opportunity to work with a globally present company that has developed multiple first-in-class investigational therapies. The position will be field based.
- Representing Management during field interactions with Health Care Professionals and supporting key opinion leader and advocate relationship development and maintenance within the region.
- Driving unwavering compliant work practices.
- Supporting safe and appropriate use of research compounds and products
- Supporting clinical research programming across the continuum (Investigator sponsored research, Cooperative Group and Collaborator research, and Company Sponsored trials)
- Serving as a scientific, clinical, and medical content expert.
- Partnering within all areas of GMA (e.g. Medical Directors, Medical Communications, Medical Information, Publications, and Advocacy).
- Establishing and maintaining a compliant, supportive partnership with Regional Sales Directors and other counterparts within the Commercial organisation.
- Providing National Director with regular regional updates, based on output from direct report.
- Managing all programs within their designated scope, schedule, and resources.
- Potential to manage a team of 2-3 direct reports (depending on experience).
- Developing and executing on strategies that shape the external environment without significant oversight and at a rapid pace.
- Identifying, consolidating, and communicating key insights and subsequently contributing to the translation of these insights into executable and innovative Medical Affairs strategies and plans that clearly define the value of our medicines/products to our customers.
- Identifying and engaging the external community appropriately in robust scientific dialogue that generates insight and advances scientific and medical understanding, as well as securing advice to inform the development of products of value, for the benefit of patients/consumers.
- Anticipating the changing healthcare, regulatory, and competitive environment throughout the product lifespan; delivering innovative strategies to inform evidence-based prescribing/usage within this environment e.g. new comparator or real-world efficacy data.
- Understanding the impact of new data on the value/positioning of products in guidelines/ formularies.
Skills and Requirements:
- An advanced clinical degree (e.g. PharmD, PhD, or MD - other doctoral degrees may be considered) is preferred.
- A minimum of 5 years previous MSL experience is necessary, with a minimum of 3 years of clinical/research/industry experience in oncology and rare diseases.
- Ability to travel frequently with overnight stays (e.g., OL meetings, internal meetings, medical meetings and congresses, training). Travel can be up to 70% at times.
- Exhibits the highest level of scientific and clinical acumen.
- Understanding of, and experience with, regulatory framework applicable to interactions with health care providers (HCPs), payers, advocacy, and other business partners.
- Demonstrable multitasking, project management, and execution skills.
- Good interpersonal skills, including communication, presentation, persuasion, and influence.
- Good organisational skills, including efficiency, punctuality, and collaboration in a team environment.
- Proficiency with computer skills, such as MS Office.
Please click on the Apply button. Please include a short note outlining why you are interested in the role and why you think you are suitable.
In case you have difficulty in applying or if you have any questions, please contact Niklas Kaminski at +44 2035428287 or upload your CV on our website - www.proclinical.com.
A full job description is available on request.
Proclinical Staffing is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.
Proclinical Staffing is an equal opportunity employer.