Senior Manager, Publication Operations
Proclinical is currently recruiting for a Senior Manager of Publication Operations for an innovative biotechnology company located in New York, NY. Successful candidate will assist with the execution of the global publication plan and related projects in peer reviewed journals and scientific congresses.
- Serve as a subject matter expert on departmental databases, repositories, project planning, management tools, providing support to therapeutic teams to ensure consistent storage of documents and other materials.
- Develop Key Performance Indicators (KPIs), generate analytic reports related to publications, congress submissions from Intercept's sponsored studies and our independent investigator research (IIR) program.
- Identify potential timeline risks, issues, and deviations from plans; communicate with the SciCom team and collaborate towards finding pragmatic solutions.
- Work with the Ex. Dir. SciCom and the finance department to develop and track budgets identify needs; participate in annual budget and forecasts.
- Responsible for access and ongoing training across systems. Identify and communicate any gaps, updates and/or enhancements needed for our various platforms.
- Ensure Datavision is effectively utilized to support the review/approval process, archiving and maintenance of all Intercept publication projects.
- Work collaboratively with various geographies across therapeutic areas.
- Support standardization to ensure consistent, compliant and best in class publications.
- Facilitate other administrative activities (e.g. poster printing & shipping, abstract and manuscript submissions, facilitate reviews with alliance partners, etc.).
- Assist KOLs during the review, approval and submission of publication projects.
- Support the Ex. Dir. SciCom, Compliance/Legal partners in the design and conduct of quality inspection, monitoring and audit readiness procedures.
- Assist with in updating and development of Policies and standard operating procedures (SOPs) as well as work practices (WPs).
Skills and Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in a scientific field or other relevant field is required
- Experience with Datavision
- Work experience in the pharmaceutical/biotech industry in project management is required as well as knowledge of the drug development process (>3 years).
- Experience in publication planning (ISMPP membership, CMPP certification- >3 years)
- Awareness of compliance issues and guidelines around medical education and publications practices (ICMJE, GPP3, GRDP, Sunshine Act, etc.).
- Strong inter-personal skills and problem-solving capabilities.
- Strong customer focus and interpersonal skills.
- Flexibility, positive attitude, strong ability to multitask, and to prioritize projects effectively and communicate at all levels within the company.
- Proven meeting planning and facilitation skills.
- Ability to work with cross-functional teams, and to execute multiple project simultaneously, and in a timely and cost-efficient manner.
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills.
- A global mindset and foreign languages are considered strong assets.
- Able to create, track and plan timelines and budgets.
- Ability to manage external vendors and provide clear, concise guidance.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications, and experience working with document management systems (e.g. Datavision, SharePoint, Veeva Vault, etc.).
- Some travel may be required to represent company at medical conferences, presentations, and other meetings.
Please click on the Apply button. Please include a short note outlining why you are interested in the role and why you think you are suitable.
In case you have difficulty in applying or if you have any questions, please call George Watson at (+1) 929-223-4835 or upload your resume on our website - www.proclinical.com.
A full job description is available on request.
Proclinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.
Proclinical Staffing is an equal opportunity employer.