Senior Group Clinical Development Director
Proclinical has the ultimate opportunity for a Senior Group Clinical Development Director with an interest in immunology. You will provide leadership and deliver performance across multiple clinical programs.
You will participate in clinical and regulatory program activities and be responsible for driving pivotal initiatives to optimize ways of working within the Clinical Development organization, while collaborating with the enterprise.
You will be relied on to drive innovation and ensure consistency of approach and implementation of standard methodologies by collaborating with your peers. With a good balance between independent action taking and collaboration across departments, you will play a meaningful role in the success of the Late R&I Clinical Development department.
- Management accountabilities, including recruitment, retention, performance management
- Represent the TA as knowledgeable in overall clinical and scientific content for portfolio
- Ensure resourcing of clinical programs is handled efficient and in collaboration with peers
- Drive improvement and implementation of new processes and systems by encouraging sharing and seeking findings across AstraZeneca
- Support VP during issue and crisis management and in governance or protocol review committees
Skills and Requirements
- Medical or scientific background and hold a MD, PhD, PharmD degree or equivalent.
- Broad clinical and research background and a comprehensive understanding of the medical aspects of drug development.
- Experience of leading scientists and physicians in a global matrix organization by effective communication and encouraging excellent cross-functional collaborations
- Excellent communication skills, oral and written
- >5 years' experience of drug development in a pharmaceutical company
- Proven clinical research expertise in Immunology, including significant hands-on clinical drug development experience and scientific credibility
- Proven track record to lead the development of project strategy, including project plans, timelines, progress and outcomes of multiple parallel complex and large studies
- Experience of global regulatory submissions and interacting with major Health Authorities.
ProClinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.