Senior Data Scientist, Manager
A fast growing Biotech is seeking a talented and proactive Data Scientist to join their Translational Science team to develop novel computational analysis methods for single cell technologies. Such technologies are to be leveraged in both the Translational and the broader R&D teams. This role will have the responsibility for: This organisation is dedicated on helping improve the lives of patients suffering from cancer.
- Developing new computational and analytical methods for single cell datasets
- Ensuring the analysis pipeline remains cutting edge, robust and reproducible
- Reporting analysis results to stakeholders across R&D
- Expected to possess in depth experience of 'omics data analysis, coding and research best practices.
- Experience of working with and integrating insights from single cell technologies is a key requirement, as is the enthusiasm for working in a multidisciplinary team.
Skills and Requirements
- PhD in Computational Biology or equivalent subject with strong statistical foundations
- Prior experience of developing analytics for single cell and other 'omics technologies
- Writing Python/R code to a professional standard
- Experience working in a Linux command-line environment
- Demonstratable knowledge of Git version control
- Experience working with containerisation e.g. Docker
- Experience with relevant R packages/ python modules e.g. Bioconductor and tidyverse or pandas
- Experience working with the Atlassian toolchain (Jira, Bitbucket, Confluence)
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum environment
ProClinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.