Senior Associate, Corporate Strategy, Operations & Partnerships
Proclinical are partnering with a biotech organisation who are recruiting for an individual to join their team. This role is on a permanent basis. The current opening position is for a Senior Associate, Corporate Strategy, Operations & Partnerships.
- Examine the tactical fit and commercial prospect of portfolio assets, which involves market sizing, competitive landscape scanning, review predictions and investment needs.
- You will translate research & analysis into actionable business acumens to notify disease area methods and priorities and recognise areas for investment.
- Serve as a mediator between shareholders across the business, scientific and operational streams, driving the implementation of methodical and strategic initiatives.
- Guarantee organisational effectiveness by mediating team agendas in R&D and business method meetings.
- Responsible for surveying the drug discovery portfolio through routine novel method evaluations, examining key risks and prospects for drug pipeline prioritisation.
- Form and uphold financial and investment return models for portfolio companies, conducting market, competitive and exit analysis.
- Conduct scientific and business due diligence with consultants, KOLs and clinicians linked to specific portfolio companies or investment prospects.
- Other duties may be assigned to this role.
Key Skills and Requirements:
- Educated to an advanced degree level in a scientific field would be ideal.
- Demonstrable experience within top-tier management consulting, life sciences method, or business development roles.
- Familiarity working in venture capital, private equity, or high-performance biotech start-up is desirable.
- Comprehension of biopharma fundamentals, drug development stage gates, and industry-specific dynamics.
- Comprehension of industry-connected economic, financial and overall business ideas and vocabulary.
- A swift learner of the fundaments of new illnesses, therapeutic areas, market dynamics prospects, trends, and risks by leveraging both internal and external knowledge.
- Quantitative and financial abilities with the capacity to make and distribute efficient, compelling presentations and precise, clear memos and emails.
- Knowledge in assembling and analysing information from both primary and secondary data sources to arrive at recommendations, acumens and solutions.
- Acquaintance with assisting on business development, and due diligence, which involves market sizing, prediction, implementation of market research, data analytics, and formation of buy-side or sell-side reports and business cases.
- Leadership skills with the ability to resolve issues.
- Prior involvement working within a dynamic, productive, cross-functional, cross-matrix setting.
- International experience would be ideal.
- A background in taking the initiative and implementing while upholding an emphasis on various work streams.
- An organised individual with a goal-focused working manner.
- Keen to work within a fast-paced start-up setting with the capacity to exercise judgement on competing priorities.
- A high attention to detail.
- Computer literacy.
- A flexible, entrepreneurial individual who is resourceful and efficient.
- Able to think clearly and analytically.
- Comfortable with navigating through ambiguity, swiftly forming a knowledge base, formulating and validating assumptions.
- Communication skills both verbally and in writing.
If you are having difficulty in applying or if you have any questions, please contact Jakub Hanas at +1 213-261-7934.
Proclinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.
Proclinical Staffing is an equal opportunity employer.