Scientist - Stem Cell Biology - CNS
Proclinical is currently recruiting for a Scientist of Stem Cell Biology for a leading biotechnology company located in South San Francisco, CA. As the Scientist, you will work independently on experiments using cutting edge functional genomics and biological methods. This is an exciting interdisciplinary role in a dynamic cross-functional team that will contribute directly to the identification of new targets and the design and validation of novel disease- modifying therapeutics.
- Establish and scale hiPSC differentiation protocols into various lineages including neurons, astrocytes and microglia
- Contribute strategically and creatively to in vitro assay design and optimization
- Develop complex assays for target discovery, target validation, biomarker discovery, and molecular modeling of disease to support drug discovery programs
- Work alongside the functional genomics team to develop and optimize CRISPR screens in neuronal cells
- Collaborate closely with other scientists, bioinformations, and computational biologists
- Present findings and data analysis in research meetings
Skills and Requirements:
- D. in a biological discipline with relevant research experience
- Strong background in neurobiology
- Extensive experience in culturing and developing assays in neuronal cells
- Demonstrated experience in utilizing hESCs/hiPSCs for disease modeling of neurological disorders, preferably in a drug discovery or industry setting
- Demonstrated experience and expertise in differentiation of hESCs/hiPSCs into neurons and glia
- Extensive experience with cell-based assay development using wide range of assays including but not limited to ELISA, q-PCR, single-cell RNA seq, flow cytometry, confocal microscopy, and high-content imaging
- Experience with CRISPR gene editing and pooled/arrayed CRISPR screens is preferred
- Experience with laboratory automation is a plus
- Demonstrated record of success with a strong publication record
- Organized, detail-oriented, excellent record-keeping skills, excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently and perform well in a team environment
If you are having difficulty in applying or if you have any questions, please contact Sofia Amark at (+1) 646-367-2764 or email@example.com.
Proclinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.
Proclinical Staffing is an equal opportunity employer.