Proclinical is currently recruiting for a Scientist with a pharmaceutical company located in Philadelphia, PA.
- Demonstrates innovative and independent scientific-technical expertise and proficiency in scientific theory and rigorous practical application in the completion of laboratory procedures and development of new procedures as it relates to Analytical methods, flow cytometry and/or cell-based potency assays.
- Designs and independently conducts scientific development projects from inception to completion
- Effectively communicates and defends science through written and verbal communication
- Provides training on areas of technical expertise and compliance issues relevant to the lab setting
- Conducts and directs assays and lab procedures according to and in compliance with GLP, cGMP, CFR and/or PTC guidelines and SOPs
- Accurately completes batch records and other required documentation according to and in compliance with GLP, cGMP, CFR and/or PTC guidelines and SOPs
- Prepares protocols, final reports, investigations, and deviations as needed
- Conducts critical review of results and reports data appropriately
- As assigned by Management, supervises personnel and assumes all associated responsibilities
- As assigned by Management, acts as Study Director, Lab Manager, and/or Principal Investigator for specific assays and assumes all associated responsibilities
- Effectively interacts with clients
- Maintains a laboratory notebook for Research & Development activities as required; reviews and signs laboratory notebooks
- Follows all general and laboratory SOPs
Skills and Requirements:
- 8 + years of relevant experience or equivalent for Bachelors', 5+ years for Master's or 3+ PhD degree in Biological Sciences or related field or equivalent experience.
- Strong Technical and Scientific knowledge of protein-based assays (i.e. ELISA, electrophoresis, etc), flow cytometry and/or cell-based potency methods.
- Ability to use proficiently advanced laboratory equipment, such as, but not limited to; Flow Cytometers, automated cell counters, plate readers, HPLC, gel scanners, etc.
- Effective multi-tasking skills and time management required
- Ability to evaluate technical data and record data accurately and legibly
- Ability to accurately and reproducibly perform complex mathematical and statistical calculations
- Ability to use judgment as dictated by the complexity of situations
- Ability to understand and follow verbal and demonstrated instructions
- Ability to clearly express and exchange ideas by means of verbal and written communication
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team and exhibit effective interpersonal skills
- Ability to work under limited supervision and to handle problems of a difficult nature
- Proficient in Oral & Written communication skills
If you are having difficulty in applying or if you have any questions, please contact Mike Raletz at 267-428-7770.
ProClinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.
Proclinical Staffing is an equal opportunity employer.