Proclinical is currently recruiting for a Protein Purification Scientist with a biotechnology company located in Cambridge, MA.
- Possess working knowledge of construct design and basic molecular biology (PCR & cloning).
- Execute expression and purification of proteins from E. coli, insect or mammalian hosts.
- Prior biochemistry experience in protein-protein, protein-DNA or protein-RNA complexes and their interactions will be a valuable asset.
- Candidate should possess expertise in using Akta Express, Avant or equivalent protein purification instruments and establish purification workflow in a RNAse free environment.
- Must be adept at following established protocols for multi-step purifications and should exhibit independence in protein purification.
- The candidate should also possess the scientific understanding behind the protocols and be able to modify them when the need arises.
- The candidate should have proven experience in carrying out simple biophysical or biochemical experiments to evaluate protein-nucleic acid interactions.
- Trouble shoot and solve scientific and technical problems with minimal supervision. The candidate should be willing to quickly learn new techniques.
- Must be excellent in organization and communication skills. The candidate is expected to document all aspects of the experiments performed and be able to conduct independent research to collect and archive all necessary information.
- Innovative approaches to problem solving will be highly valued.
Skills and Requirements:
- Masters (and 3-4 years of relevant experience in an industrial or academic lab) or Ph.D degrees in Biophysics, Biochemistry or related discipline are required.
- Must be a great team player with strong communication skills.
If you are having difficulty in applying or if you have any questions, please contact Zachary Hines at 215-531-6914.
ProClinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.
Proclinical Staffing is an equal opportunity employer.