Proclinical is currently recruiting for an Associate Scientist II for a global biotechnology company located in Cambridge, MA. Successful candidates will support in vivo studies of preclinical mouse platforms.
The successful candidate will join a team whose aim to is to evaluate a broad range of CNS delivery formulations and technologies, using in vivo bioluminescence (BLI) as the primary readout.
We are seeking a motivated individual who will lead the BLI effort, as well as provide surgical support, tissue collection for histology and qPCR, and data analysis.
The individual must be able to manage multiple scientific projects simultaneously, while at the same time be flexible to changing study needs.
Attention to detail and ability to communicate effectively are critical.
Skills and Experience:
- BS in Biology, Neuroscience or related field, and 5+ years relevant experience.
- A basic knowledge of neuroscience.
- Extensive hands-on experience with laboratory mice, including dosing and tissue collection.
- Strong organizational skills, minimally with Microsoft Excel, ideally with analytical software such as Prism.
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to clearly communicate scientific results and to maintain detailed written records.
- Previous experience with in vivo bioluminescence imaging is desired but not required.
- Other desirable experience includes mouse stereotaxic surgery, molecular biology (RNA/DNA extraction and PCR/qPCR), and histology (perfusion, cryo-sectioning, immunohistochemistry and microscopy).
Please click on the Apply button. Please include a short note outlining why you are interested in the role and why you think you are suitable.
In case you have difficulty in applying or if you have any questions, please call Nikki Ranieri at (+1) 215-531-5288 or upload your resume on our website - www.proclinical.com.
A full job description is available on request.
Proclinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.
Proclinical Staffing is an equal opportunity employer.
A leading biotechnology company is seeking a Cell-line Development Scientist to join their office in Oxford.
A leading pharmaceutical company is advertising a vacancy for a Biologics Head for their office in Shanghai.
An internationally renowned pharmaceutical organisation is seeking to hire a Clinical BA for their office in Shanghai.
An international biotechnology company is advertising a vacancy for a Head of Fermentation position in their Swiss office.