Scientific Writer - PhD Required - 100% Remote!
Proclinical is looking to hire a Scientific Writer for a leading Biotech located remotely. As the scientific writer, you will help redefine the way health plans, physicians, and laboratories coordinate laboratory care for millions of patients.
- With minimal guidance, prepare high quality manuscripts for submission to peer-reviewed journals and revise them for resubmission
- With minimal guidance, prepare high quality scientific abstracts and posters for submission to/presentation at professional conferences
- Prepare internal study reports and other written deliverables as needed
- Conduct scientific literature searches and summarize/synthesize the existing literature in support of publication development
- Prepare tables, figures, and other appropriate graphics for use in research publications
- Design, draft study protocols and prepare for IRB approval
- Distill large amounts of clinical and scientific data into essential elements for graphical display.
- Formulate key messages from clinical data
- Perform literature-based research to support writing activities
- Ability to coordinate, plan, and manage communications to enable timely review from other authors and reviewers and to function as a collaborative team member
- Create and maintain document timelines
- Maintain an awareness of current industry practices and regulatory requirements that affect medical writing
- Keep abreast of current literature, emerging science, technological developments, and medical trends
- Create, develop, plan, and write white papers, multimedia, or web-based publications
- Conduct interviews with subject matter experts and other technical staff to gather data and information needed for publication
- Research and translate technical information into manuscripts, web-based documents, whitepapers and presentation appropriate to the audience and project
Skills and Requirements:
- At least five years' experience in biomedical writing
- Previous published scientific or clinical peer-reviewed papers required
- Ability to produce whitepapers, marketing content, and other clinical works
- Outstanding written communication skills
- Proficient computer skills (Excel, Word, Power Point, etc.)
- Knowledge of standard editorial/style conventions (e.g. APA format)
- Knowledge of best practices related to scientific writing, ethics of medical communications, and regulatory standards of publications
- Knowledge of statistical methods
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Capable of establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with a range of individuals from a variety of departments
- Time management
- Ability to organize and track data/metrics
If you are having difficulty in applying or if you have any questions, please contact George Watson at (+1) 929-388-1650 or email@example.com.
Proclinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.
Proclinical Staffing is an equal opportunity employer.