Scientific Technical Writer - PhD required
Proclinical is currently recruiting for a Scientific Technical Writer for a leading biotechnology company, located in Ann Arbor, MI, that primarily focuses on the research and development of medicines. As the Scientific Technical, you will write accurate and properly formatted product descriptions for biochemicals, antibodies, and proteins.
- Assign product classifications to large collections of products based on type or research area as determined by the Marketing Department
- Interface with other departments to make insert template changes, format new templates, and update existing marketing materials
- Write background and proofreads Assay Kit Booklets according to company guidelines
- Proofread first drafts of product descriptions and contract writer inserts, providing feedback to the writer
- Assist in onboarding and training of new full time and contract Technical Writers
- Represent Technical Writer group on cross functional teams (e.g. screening library working group)
- Develop skill set to eventually diagnose inefficiencies within the tech writing routines and propose solutions
- Establish a foundation of knowledge that will lead to writing articles for current issues, product flyers, and website material
Skills and Requirements:
- Education - Ph.D. in life sciences discipline such as biochemistry, biology, pharmacology, immunology, etc.
- Experience - 2 years of technical science writing experience is preferred
- Ability to prioritize tasks (e.g. writing inserts, booklets, RAPTA audits, etc.)
- Ability to work independently
- Travel to 1 scientific meeting annually for professional development
If you are having difficulty in applying or if you have any questions, please contact George Watson at (+1) 929-223-4835 or email@example.com.
Proclinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.
Proclinical Staffing is an equal opportunity employer.