Scientific Project Manager
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Scientific Project Manager to join a dynamic team in Cambridge. This role will include managing franchise, enterprise, strategic, large, complex projects or workstreams across multiple sites, functions and regions.
- Manages Global Technical Operations projects utilizing the PMO project methodology, tools and processes, to meet agreed scopes, timelines, deliverables, budgets, resource estimates and success criteria.
- Manages functional and cross-functional project teams to deliver successful projects.
- Interfaces with sites, functional heads, other functions and other key stakeholders to assure continuous alignment of priorities.
- Applies effective problem-solving individually and with the project team to address challenges encountered in successful project delivery. Escalates issues appropriately to the sponsor, key stakeholders or PMO management.
- Proactively identifies and shares relevant best practices to improve project delivery and PMO team capabilities.
- Actively pursues continuous improvement with focus on simplification, standardization and lean.
- Proactively manages risks to project delivery and the business. Takes appropriate risks and consults appropriately.
- Tracks and reports on the progress of assigned projects to the sponsor, appropriate governance, stakeholders and senior management.
- Provides necessary information and insight to the project sponsor to support project stage-gate reviews, approvals and project updates to appropriate governance forums, steering committees, and/or stakeholders.
- Ensures all key stakeholders are kept appropriately informed of project status as required
- Manages project budgets, expenses and resources to meet estimates and commitments
- Works with Lean/Six Sigma coaches to gain awareness of current best practices and influence new evolving practices as appropriate
Skills and Requirements
- BS required; preferred in Engineering, Science or Operations field
- with a minimum 3 years of Project Management experience required
- MS, MBA, or other advanced degree preferred
- Conduct activities and interactions consistent with Company values and in compliance with the Code of Conduct and supporting Policies
A full job description is available on request.