Scientific Communications Director I2ON - PHARMA
ProClinical is excited to announce that an opening for a Scientific Communications Director (SCD) - Ophthalmology position has emerged at a top healthcare organisation, which provides an innovative range of diagnostic solutions and medicines. This respected company is seeking a hard working and talented individual to be recruited to their team in Switzerland on a contract basis.
The Scientific Communications Director will be responsible for the development and implementation of the Scientific Communications Strategy for the assigned molecule/franchise. They will act as strategic partner to US Medical Affairs responsible for the US focused publication strategy and implementation for the Ophthalmology molecule/franchise.
- Identifying the audience, defining the channels, and the content of all Scientific Communication activities.
- Internally assessing need for format/material/external engagements and for internal training; this includes setting up and maintaining the materials for internal and external knowledge platforms.
- Orchestrating the Scientific Communications strategy and dissemination of data for the assigned molecule/franchise disease area through an integrated scientific story and communications strategy.
- Developing the Scientific Communications Strategy development as part of the global brand and medical strategy, publications strategy (incl. planning and management), medical education (internal & external), and management of scientific communications focused activities.
- Strategizing, planning and executing the Medical Education activities and ensuring that these are based on insights and educational needs.
- Planning and driving the publication activities, e.g. submissions to peer reviewed journals, scientific and medical education activities at congresses.
- Developing patient focused educational materials.
- Organizing and driving the Medical Education and Internal Communication activities at congresses, e.g. IME, RIME in collaboration with Ophthalmology Scientific Communications Team (SCDs Ophthalmology).
- Driving, coordinating, and communicating activities related to pre-congress medical education materials, including e-learnings and others.
- Taking responsibility for abstract submissions and tracking acceptance and communicating the information to stakeholders.
- Assessing the medical value impact of the defined publication strategy.
- Ensuring consistent and value-based measurements of all medical education activities.
- Maintaining the oversight of the key affiliate publications.
- Posting assessments of all training materials and identifying the most effect and impactful channels for both internal and external education.
- Taking responsibility for the review and approval process for grants, sponsorships, and donations with education intent related to the assigned module/franchise.
- Providing input and/or leading advisory board plans for assigned molecules/franchise.
- Leading and delivering presentations during advisory boards and/or dedicated sections related to the relevant areas, such as publication.
- Planning budgets and tracking the respective areas/activities in close collaboration with the Project Manager.
- Engaging in regular prioritisation, delegation, and alignment discussions with vendors. Monitoring vendor performances based on cross-functional team assessments, aligned with procurement.
- Completing all mandatory trainings on global procedures, guidelines, policies, and SOPs relevant to the SCD role.
- Collaborating with members of the SC group within a therapeutic area and embedding work in the Ophthalmology community.
- Working with all relevant stakeholders to develop and implement the publications strategy.
- Assessing medical value of publication strategies for the molecule/franchise; analysing medical education needs and providing relevant input into medical strategy.
- Acting as an expert in scientific communications, medical education, publications, and PHC.
Skills and Requirements:
- An advanced degree (PhD) and/or certification in a scientific medical field.
- Demonstrable professional experience in the pharmaceutical/biotechnology industry, or related experience.
- Solid experience in medical affairs, clinical development, or medical communications is preferred.
- Solid experience in preclinical/clinical research, pharmaceutical project management, and/or product marketing is an additional bonus.
- Demonstrable experience in leading peer-reviewed publications or medical education/communications, in collaboration with scientific experts.
- Proven experience in interpreting and presenting scientific data.
- Solid experience in external agency management and in budget management is preferred.
- At least 2 years of relevant therapeutic area experience preferred.
- An understanding of drug development process and regulatory/legal environment for drug development and registration, clinical trials, and medical communications is required.
Please click on the Apply button. Please include a short note outlining why you are interested in the role and why you think you are suitable.
In case you have difficulty in applying or if you have any questions, please call Andrea Rotmistrovsky on +44 203 854 0675 or upload your CV on our website - www.proclinical.com.
A full job description is available on request.
ProClinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.
£0.00 - £60000.00 per annum
ProClinical is currently recruiting for a Senior Data Scientist position
ProClinical is working with a Swiss Biotech Company that is seeking a Formulation and DP Development Lead to be based in Lausanne on a permanent basis.
ProClinical is advertising a new Regulatory Affairs Study Start Up Specialist position.
US$0.00 - US$73000.00 per annum
Santa Ana, California
ProClinical is advertising a vacancy for a Lead Clinical Study Assistant (CSA)
ProClinical is happy to advertise a vacancy for a Clinical Scientist position
A leading global pharmaceutical company has a new vacancy for a Research Associate - Vaccine to join their expanding Cambridge, MA team.
ProClinical is recruiting for a large global pharmaceutical company with leading products across various therapeutic areas
£0.00 - £40.00 per hour
ProClinical is currently advertising for a Clinical Scientist job at a consultation and medical device company that specialises in early-phase medical device innovation.
In dieser Rolle arbeiten Sie im Tandem mit Ihrem Vertriebskollegen
A well-known international pharmaceutical company with sites around the globe is looking to hire a Clinical Scientist to be based in Milan on a permanent basis.
Up to RMB ¥1200000 per annum
ProClinical is working with a large-scale pharmaceutical company that is seeking a Clinical Science Director to be based in Shanghai or Beijing on a permanent basis.