Safety Data Scientist
Proclinical is excited to announce the vacancy for a Safety Data Scientist to support the Safety Analytics team. This organisation is based in Cambridge and is dedicated to improving the field of medicine.
- Lead analytics projects in close partnership with diverse stakeholders from Patient Safety Center of Excellence and the project team.
- Develop an understanding of organizational priorities and early insight into changing project needs
- Develop software solutions or self-service tools with the appropriate compliance requirement
- Translate unstructured and complex safety questions into the right data science problems, predictive models, statistical tests, and analytical solutions
- Develop a robust understanding of safety, clinical, and real-world data sources, their structure, provenance, and quality
- Apply data wrangling when necessary and always ensure good programming practise are used
- Train, lead and mentor junior members of the group
- Delivers subject matter expertise for analytics across stakeholders from the PS organization.
Skills and Requirements
- MSc or Ph.D. degree in Computer Science, applied statistics, or related quantitative field.
- Expertise in programming languages, especially R/ Python and SQL.
- Understanding of widely used statistical methods and machine learning algorithms
- Experience visual analytics tools, cloud computing, and version control
- Highly developed analytical and conceptual thinking, with the ability to understand multiple, complex business needs and to prioritize them
- Familiarity with clinical, safety, and real-world data
Please click on the Apply button. Please include a short note outlining why you are interested in the role and why you think you are suitable.
In case you have difficulty in applying or if you have any questions, please contact Jenni Woolley on 02039670935 or upload your CV on our website - www.proclinical.com/send-cv
A full job description is available on request.