Proclinical is currently recruiting for a Research Scientist with a company located in Philadelphia, PA.
- Involved in planning, conducting and analyzing experiments aimed at development of new gene therapy methods applications.
- Provide technical support to enable our laboratory to function effectively and will adhere to standard procedures and guidelines.
- May perform sample collections, testing, measuring, recording and analyzing of results.
- Carry out experiments under the management of a supervising scientist to allow senior scientific personnel to concentrate on the more complex analytical processes in the laboratory.
- Expected to keep abreast of the work of other scientists within GTP and in the wider scientific community.
- Expected to keep up to date with external research carried out in their field of study.
- Expected to read relevant scientific literature and journals, share the results of research with colleagues through presentations and discussions, help in preparations of presentations and in writing of original manuscript
Skills and Requirements:
- Required: B.A./B.S. in Biology, Molecular Biology, Cell Biology, Biochemistry, Chemistry or in adjacent field with strong scientific background and 3-5 years of post-degree bench laboratory experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience, are required.
- Working knowledge of commonplace molecular and cell biology techniques (molecular cloning, biochemical and cell based assays, animal)
- Ability to learn new techniques; ability to follow existing protocols
- Ability to develop novel protocols and methods; outstanding interpersonal interaction skills, excellent written and oral communication skills, problem recognition and solving, and organizational skills.
- Prior experience in the field of gene therapy is desirable.
If you are having difficulty in applying or if you have any questions, please contact Jarred Fetterman at 215-531-5593.
ProClinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.
Proclinical Staffing is an equal opportunity employer.