Proclinical is currently recruiting for a Research Scientist with a pharmaceutical company located in Buffalo, NY.
- Provide specific technical expertise to perform various in vitro metabolism studies to address specific DMPK questions in drug discovery.
- Particular focus on bench execution of DMPK assays with ability to cross train on additional assays as needed.
- Apply a wide range of analytical techniques to analyze and characterize results of DMPK assays. Develop and maintain working knowledge of commonly used spectroscopic and chromatographic procedures with particular focus on LC/MS. Develop and establish novel assays and analytical methods to meet the growing needs of the market in order to expand the services available for research projects.
- Use sound judgment and previously acquired knowledge and experience to develop new procedures. Maintain a command of relevant scientific literature especially research method sections of DMPK publications.
- Advise and/or train other DMPK scientists for the efficient conduct of ADME assays.
Skills and Requirements:
- Master's or Doctorate Degree in Biochemistry, Biology, Pharmaceutical Science, Analytical Science, Chemistry or a related field with 3-8 years' experience in an ADME, bioanalytical, or DMPK lab.
- A track record of accomplishments (including literature publications) demonstrating technical proficiency, independent thinking, scientific creativity, problem solving ability, and independently planning and executing experiments while proactively seeking out senior personnel to discuss potential solutions to problems.
- Experience performing metabolic stability, CYP inhibition, and metabolite ID studies in liver subcellular fractions/cells, preparing and analyzing samples from biological matrices using a mass spectrometer (LC-MS/MS) as the primary analytical tool.
- Strong consideration will be given to candidates proficient in using and troubleshooting a LC-MS/MS (Sciex instrumentation is a plus).
- Demonstrated technical proficiency & scientific creativity
If you are having difficulty in applying or if you have any questions, please contact Janelle Jones at 267-297-3257.
ProClinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.
Proclinical Staffing is an equal opportunity employer.