Research Scientist - Bacterial Specialist
Proclinical is currently recruiting for a Research Scientist of Bacterial Specialist for a leading pharma company located in Raritan, NJ. As the Bacterial Specialist Research Scientist, you will perform laboratory experiments and activities supporting clinical and pre-clinical programs within the Bacterial Vaccines department.
- Perform in vitro experiments, analyze data, records results, and provide interpretations and conclusions as appropriate.
- Propagation of tissue cultures and their cryogenic storage, the growth of BSL2 level bacterial isolates and the preparation of bacterial and tissue culture growth media.
- Perform in vitro assays in support of ongoing clinical trials under Good Clinical Laboratory Practice (GCLP) conditions and will maintain laboratory records according to GCLP requirements.
- Set up, operate and maintain laboratory instruments.
- Qualification and performance of assays associated with full development programs including ELISA or MSD (Meso Scale Discovery) assays, an Opsonophagocytic Killing (OPK) assay, or serological assays for the characterization of bacteria.
- Maintain current knowledge of the scientific literature associated with his or her areas of research.
Skills and Requirements:
- Bachelor's or Master's in Biology or related discipline.
- Biosafety Level II (BSL2) bacterial pathogens is required.
- Familiarity with basic microbiology, aseptic technique, cell culture and general safe laboratory practices is required.
- Familiarity with GCLP or GLP principles is strongly recommended.
- At least one to three years of experience with a minimum of one of the following laboratory skills is required: ELISA, Tissue culture, In-vitro assays with clinical materials and the use of Laboratory Information Management Systems (LIMS), Opsonophagocytic killing assays and flow cytometry.
If you are having difficulty in applying or if you have any questions, please contact Brianna Copeland at (+1) 267-297-3280 or email@example.com.
Proclinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.
Proclinical Staffing is an equal opportunity employer.