Research Associate, NGS
Proclinical is currently recruiting for a Research Associate with a clinical stage biotechnology company located in Cambridge, MA. As the Research Associate, you will be working for a fast-growing, innovative biotechnology company developing the next generation of personalized cancer immunotherapies. The company brings together distinguished scientific founders, an experienced and diverse management team, a seasoned and successful board of directors, and very deep financial backing to tackle fundamental challenges at the intersection of cancer biology, immunology and immunotherapy design.
- Responsible for the execution of established histology, and next-generation sequencing assays in the GMP Next Generation Sequencing (NGS) laboratory.
- Develop breakthrough immunotherapy treatments for patients with cancer.
- Identify and deploy neoantigens from each patient's tumor to develop personalized cancer vaccines.
- Responsible for the GMP compliant processing of cancer patient samples through nucleic acid extraction and next generation sequencing.
- Maintain batch record reports, consumable inventory, equipment maintenance and calibration to maintain quality control and compliance.
Skills and Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree (or equivalent) in scientific discipline or a health-related field.
- 1+ years relevant experience, including in a regulated setting (title can be adjusted based on level of experience).
- Strong background in molecular biology and associated general laboratory techniques (PCR, qPCR, nucleic acid purification).
- Histology experience (microtome operation and FFPE sectioning).
- Familiarity with NGS workflows including nucleic acid extraction from various tissue specimens (cell line, blood, fresh frozen and FFPE), Illumina-based library construction, and hybrid capture enrichment.
- Operation and maintenance of instrumentation critical for Illumina NGS workflows (qPCR, plate readers and HiSeq/MiSeq/NovaSeq sequencers).
- CLIA/CAP or cGMP experience.
- Experience working with automated liquid handling.
- Experience with LIMS.
- Experience working with Quality Assurance and Quality Control teams.
- Impeccable documentation practices and attention to detail.
- Maintaining cleanliness and orderliness of operational area.
- The ability to prioritize and complete tasks in a timely manner.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- A willingness to work hard in a fast-paced environment.
If you are having difficulty in applying or if you have any questions, please contact Max Robinson at (+1) 617-903-7746 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Proclinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.
Proclinical Staffing is an equal opportunity employer.