Proclinical are seeking a highly motivated Research Associate with experience in performing cell-based assays in an industry setting. The position is a lab-based role, demanding an enthusiastic and proactive mindset, along with a demonstrable ability to troubleshoot and optimise methods.
- Support the team in conducting high-throughput cell-based screening assays, using platforms such as flow cytometry, high content imaging and reporter-cell assays.
- To use liquid handling and screening assay equipment.
- Capture assay data using templates and systems tools.
- Analyse, interpret and summarise results for presentation at internal meetings.
- Produce detailed experimental write-ups and assist the group in producing procedures, guidelines and reports.
- Explore, evaluate and implement new technologies to enhance our capabilities, improved workflows and process efficiency.
- Foster teamwork and collaboration.
Skills and Requirements
- A minimum of a BSc, in a biology or pharmacology related discipline and at least 2 years industrial experience in a cellular-biology setting.
- Skilled in cell isolation and tissue culture of primary human cells and cell lines.
- Experienced in running cell-based screening assays.
- Willingness to learn new techniques.
- Adept in using data processing software, including curve fitting and statistical packages.
- Highly organised with a meticulous attention to detail.
- Strong communication and team working skills.
- Adaptability, enthusiasm for new technologies and a willingness to apply them.
Proclinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.