Proclinical is currently recruiting for a Research Associate with a pharmaceutical company located in Pittsburgh, PA.
- Conducts routine and non-routine lab procedures and assays for molecular, cellular and metabolic characterization of relevant samples from mouse models of cancer and human clinical cancer tissue under the supervision of Principal Scientist
- Supports the development of biological, immunological assay to investigate mechanisms of immune-mediated effects of novel identified targets
- Supports the development and validation of new technologies for molecular, cellular and metabolic characterization of samples
- Contributes to the profiling and validation of novel druggable immunotherapy targets
- Documents and maintains a detailed and precise record of work performed
- Actively participates in the scientific dialogue of the group and proactively collaborates with colleagues
- Must be willing to work flexible hours as necessary, and work beyond 40hrs is likely to be required
Skills and Requirements:
- MS in biology, immunology or closed related field with 2+ years of experience in industry or academic research lab setting or PhD with similar background and 0-2 years of relevant experience
- Prior biopharma industry or commercial research experience desired experience with several of the following relevant techniques:
- Mammalian cell culture
- Flow cytometry and cell sorting
- Molecular biology techniques (e.g., PCR, development of genetic constructs, cloning, etc.)
- NGS (WGS, WES or RNAseq, including preparation of genomic libraries)
- CRISPR or other advanced genetic editing techniques
- Processing and characterization of fresh human tumor samples
- Cell-based metabolic assays
- Ability to propose new experimental designs, plan and conduct laboratory experiments, and evaluate and interpret data
- Fundamental understanding of the process of discovery and development of immunology-based therapeutic targets and possible novel therapeutic concepts
- Experience in immuno-oncology-related animal studies is a plus
- The role requires critical thinking e.g. by proposing and implementing novel experimental approaches and concepts contributing to the cancer immunology and immune therapy research goals.
- The ideal candidate is product and goal oriented, focused on a career in biotech. They are highly efficient and organized and have a demonstrated ability to adhere to and follow defined timelines, milestone, and objectives.
- Experience in working under GLP standards and ensuring safety compliance under BSL-2
- Experience with laboratory information system (LIMS) is a plus
- Good verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interpret, summarize, and present results in a clear, concise, accurate manner
If you are having difficulty in applying or if you have any questions, please contact Nikki Ranieri at 215-531-5288.
ProClinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.
Proclinical Staffing is an equal opportunity employer.