Proclinical is currently recruiting for a Research Associate, Immuno-oncology with a biopharmaceutical company located in Foster City, CA.
- Conceive, optimize, and execute in vitro immunological assays to support drug discovery efforts
- Interpret data, and draw conclusions in a fully independent manner
- Communicate clearly and effectively both verbally and in writing
- Manage multiple projects simultaneously, working cross-functionally in a highly collaborative team environment
- Design and optimize complex flow cytometry assays
- Maintain a cutting-edge awareness of technical developments and scientific knowledge and apply these where possible to improve performance
- Serve as FACS expert with in-depth technical knowledge for projects across therapeutic areas
- Think critically and work resourcefully to resolve problems
Skills and Requirements:
- Master's degree and 2-4 years of experience or bachelor's degree and 4-6 years of experience in pharmaceutical sciences, cell biology, molecular biology, or biochemistry in industry or academia
- Basic immunology knowledge and/or hands on experience with mouse tumor models
- Technical expertise in performing immuno assays (primary cell isolation and culture, in vitro proliferation, ELISA…)
- Ability to troubleshoot and optimize assays as needed; identifying and applying novel techniques or protocols from reports in the scientific literature
- Excellent communication skills (both verbal and technical) and interpersonal skills are required
- Experience with flow cytometry is a plus
- Strong computer skills, including proficiency with basic data analysis programs (Flow Jo, Excel, Graphpad Prism, etc.)
If you are having difficulty in applying or if you have any questions, please contact Sarah Beshara at 267-477-3355.
ProClinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.
Proclinical Staffing is an equal opportunity employer.