Proclinical is currently recruiting for a Research Associate with a pharmaceutical company located in Cambridge, MA.
- Under minimal supervision, performs a wide range of assigned research experiments with efficiency, accuracy and attention to detail (e.g. selects methods, troubleshoots routine and some non-routine procedures)
- Exercises technical judgement in execution of specialized procedures and interpretation of complex results
- Initiates routine and non-routine problem investigation and recommends solutions
- Demonstrates technical knowledge of a scientific discipline
- Understands specific scientific mechanisms of why a procedure works
- Receives high level instructions on routine work; general instructions on new assignments; able to execute on assigned tasks with some supervision
- Performing a variety of routine and specialized in vitro or in vivo experimental procedures for the purpose of research in the Immuno-Oncology field. The scientist will work in a highly matrixed and collaborative environment that relies on the close interactions with the entire I/O biology research team.
- The candidate will be responsible for performing and analyzing (in vitro immune-based assays) and interpreting well-controlled studies to advance Immuno-Oncology programs.
- Explore and introduce new technological tools and/or methodology to further expand the group's immune-related technical capabilities SCOPE.
Skills and Requirements:
- BS in a scientific discipline (or equivalent) with 2+ years 'experience, or MS in a scientific discipline.
- Hands on experience on flow-cytometry is required
- High level of proficiency in complex tissue dissection and isolation of rare tissue resident immune cell population(s), desired.
- Execute in vitro and in vivo techniques/procedures typically required for laboratory/study such as, but not limited to, isolation of primary cells from various tissues and perform anti-body staining for FACs-based analysis, qPCR)
- Primary (human, rodent and non-human primate) immune cell culture experience and down-stream manipulation such as, but not limited to, immune cell-activation and -suppression as-says and CRISPR-mediated gene editing, required.
- Independent design and execution of assays to characterize mechanism of action of compounds and biologics
- Present research findings clearly and effectively at internal meetings *Self-motivated, collaborative with excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Skilled in analysis, interpretation, and presentation of results.
If you are having difficulty in applying or if you have any questions, please contact Nikki Ranieri at 215-531-5288.
ProClinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.
Proclinical Staffing is an equal opportunity employer.