Proclinical is currently recruiting for a Research Associate with a pharmaceutical company located in Cambridge, MA.
- Independently design, align and conduct experiments in a clearly defined, time efficient manner.
- Work collaboratively within the internal Biology group to facilitate team efforts.
- Independently work with cross-functional team to build target hypothesis.
- Employ a breadth of cell and molecular biology techniques to explore the function and mechanism of action of specific kinase drug targets and their inhibitors
- Regularly present research to the integrated project team highlighting implications for broader program
Skills and Requirements:
- Minimum, BS/MS degree in Biochemistry, Molecular Biology, Cell Biology or a related field with 3 years of relevant experience in industry or PhD in relevant field with 3-5 years post-doctoral/drug discovery experience.
- High proficiency in mammalian cell culture and cell line development and experienced in a wide range of state-of-the-art molecular and cellular biology techniques.
- Extensive hands on experience optimizing methods and reagents for cellular readouts (FACS, western, phenotypic responses etc.).
- Experience with genomic or genome editing approaches to assess gene function (CRISPR and/or shRNA).
- High proficiency in cellular screening, experience with laboratory automation and robotics is a plus.
- Strong oral and written communication skills, as well as excellent documentation and organizational skills are essential.
- A team player, who listens effectively, invites feedback and proactively proposes solutions will be highly successful member.
If you are having difficulty in applying or if you have any questions, please contact Zachary Hines at 215-531-6914.
ProClinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.
Proclinical Staffing is an equal opportunity employer.