Proclinical is currently recruiting for a Research Associate for a biotechnology company located in Boston, MA. Successful candidate will work with the Research and CMC teams to develop and run assays in support of the portfolio of AAV-based programs.
- Maintain cultured cell lines.
- Responsible for plasmid production, purification and quality control.
- Production of AAV including quality control of viral particles.
- Contribute to the design, optimization and execution of analytical assays.
- Provide assay support for early process development activities.
- Assist in lab organization, including ordering supplies and restocking.
- Follow lab protocols and safety rules.
Skills and Requirements:
- BA or MA in biology, biochemistry, biomedical engineering, or related fields.
- 2-4 + years hands-on wet lab experience.
- Highly skilled at cell culture using aseptic techniques; maintenance, transfection, microscopy/imaging.
- Experienced in standard Molecular biology techniques, such as PCR, gel electrophoresis, imaging, and cloning.
- Ability to conduct advanced protocols and procedures precisely and consistently.
- Ability to document and maintain an organized account of lab work and results.
- Excellent attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Experienced in virus (preferably AAV) production, purification, titration, and transduction
- Experience in a Biosafety Level 2 environment.
- Experienced with plasmid design.
- Knowledge of oligo/primer/probe/gBlock design strategies.
- Sequence design and analysis software skills, such as Benchling, Snapgene and BLAST.
- Previous experience with Quality by Design via Design of Experiments.
- Working knowledge of assay qualification/validation according to ICH Q2(R1).
Please click on the Apply button. Please include a short note outlining why you are interested in the role and why you think you are suitable.
In case you have difficulty in applying or if you have any questions, please call Matt Tong at (+1) 646-878-6308 or upload your resume on our website - www.proclinical.com.
A full job description is available on request.
Proclinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.
Proclinical Staffing is an equal opportunity employer.