Research Associate - Biology
Proclinical is currently recruiting for a Research Associate of Biology for a globally leading pharmaceutical company located in Gaithersburg, MD. Successful candidate will have a BS in biology/biotechnology/or biochemistry, hands-on experience with cell cultures and aseptic techniques, and at least 2 years of experience within the pharmaceutical industry.
- Hands on execute and collaborate on process design laboratory studies to support process development, optimization and characterization and essential viral vector process improvements.
- Perform hands on work in a cell culture lab and process training for GMP clinical production.
- Participate and influence a cross-functional development team to advance CMC activities
- Perform process analysis and trend process performance
- Develop manufacturing processes for cell therapy products
- Design and execute process development studies to develop a thorough understanding of operating and performance parameters
- Perform statistical analysis including design of experiments (DOEs) as appropriate
- Write and review technical documentation from writing technical SOPs, draft manufacturing batch records, technical reports and summary reports.
Skills and Requirements:
- Bachelor's Degree in Biology, biochemistry or biotechnology degree or related discipline.
- 1-2 years of pharmaceutical manufacturing, technology transfer & process development experience required.
- Demonstrated cell culture and aseptic processing experience is required including basic cell culture lab techniques such as cell passaging, cryopreservation, formulation of media, aseptic technique using a BSC, cell counting, and managing reagents.
- Practical knowledge of cGMP manufacturing and regulatory regulations and requirements for pharmaceuticals and devices.
- Practical demonstration of hands on process development including use of statistical design of experiments is required. Experience with bioreactors is desired.
Please click on the Apply button. Please include a short note outlining why you are interested in the role and why you think you are suitable.
In case you have difficulty in applying or if you have any questions, please call Catherine Nguyen at (+1) 215-531-5643 or upload your resume on our website - www.proclinical.com.
A full job description is available on request.
Proclinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.
Proclinical Staffing is an equal opportunity employer.