Regional Business Manager
Proclinical are working on an exciting job opportunity for a Regional Business Manager to join a fast-growing biopharmaceutical company based in the Netherlands. This organisation is focused on acquiring, developing and commercialising cancer treatments in the international market.
- Responsible for maximizing sales of our brands in the defined territory. This will be measured in the form of sales vs target, market growth or market share
- Identify and assess market opportunities and decide on tactics in collaboration with the team in order to maximize on the business opportunity. Achieve expected levels of activity across key customer groups
- Develop and maintains a high level of product and disease area knowledge, demonstrating ability to digest, interpret and share clinical data with customers (face to face or group environment) in a professional way
- Identify and pursue opportunities to build relationships with relevant stakeholders to positively influence appropriate prescribing and access decisions for the oncology products to eligible patients
- Monitor market trends, competitor products and customer need to identify new business objectives and supports identification and ongoing development of Key Opinion Leaders (local, regional & national)
- Provide timely feedback to all relevant internal stakeholders
- Leverage cross-functional relationship with medical, marketing and other functions to design and execute on a Key Account Management strategy for territory and deliver required performance of the accounts
- Develop therapeutic and market expertise within designated therapy areas
- Share and communicate market knowledge and customer insights internally with the Specialty Care Team members
- Anticipate changes and assists in the identification and resolution of issues and opportunities, communicating proactively to management
- Analyse and follow-up on sales and activities, including spending
- Measures return on investment of resourcing decisions and keep within budget
Skills and Requirements
- Typically requires a BA or BS degree, preferably in the Sciences or business fields, minimum 5 years of experience in the pharma industry. Prior sales experience in Oncology product launches and local Market Access is desirable
- Relevant sales training/qualification and local industry accreditation
- Knowledge of the local National Health System Administration and basic HTA / health-economics methodologies
- Knowledge of basic concepts of tender management including public administration's operational processes
- Strong analytical skills and ability to assimilate and simplify complex data, through a Key Account Management approach
- Fast learner - ability to familiarise yourself with new therapeutic areas and compounds quickly
- High levels of emotional intelligence as displayed in interpersonal interactions, presentations, response under pressure, and approach to problem solving
- The ideal candidate will align with core values by being accountable for their work, displaying integrity in everything that he/she does and striving for excellence
- Proven expertise in interpersonal, relationship building, communication and presentation skills is required along with strong influencing & negotiating skills
- Flair for creativity, innovation and solution oriented
- Flexibility, adaptability and proactivity
- Must be able to travel extensively as dictated by business need, ability to travel and work weekends as needed to attend Congresses, ESMO, etc.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Excel, Power Point and Word
- Ideally fluent in conversational and written English
Please click on the Apply button. Please include a short note outlining why you are interested in the role and why you think you are suitable.
In case you have difficulty in applying or if you have any questions, please contact Mark Voeten at 0203 823 4365 or upload your CV on our website - www.proclinical.com.
A full job description is available on request.
Proclinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.