We are seeking a bright, enthusiastic and motivated QC (Quality Control) Scientist, ideally with experience in the a GCLP (good clinical laboratory practice) environment to join a growing multi-disciplinary team and support the development of a next generation personalised cancer medicines. The role is based in Stevenage and is a great opportunity to play an active role in transforming the management of cancer.
- Carrying out QC testing of raw materials, in process controls, and finished product, in line with GMP regulations.
- To assist in the preparation and review of documentation including SOPs and risk assessments to ensure the highest levels of controls and traceability.
- Perform immune monitoring for clinical trials and ensure all activities are undertaken in accordance with GCLP and quality standards.
- Assist in the design and validation of immune monitoring assays using flow cytometry and ELISpot.
- Perform maintenance and calibration of laboratory equipment including flow cytometers.
- To coordinate activities with manufacturing to ensure appropriate and timely sampling and testing of raw materials, in-process samples and finished product.
- Be accountable to the Principal QC Scientist.
Skills and Requirements
- MSC in a Biological Science discipline.
- 3 years' experience in a scientific laboratory role.
- Experience working in a GLP/GCLP regulated environment.
- Experience in human cell isolation, and cell and tissue culture.
- Experience in flow cytometry and ELISpot.
- Experience in assay validation.
- Understanding of GCLP guidelines.
- Strongly focused on quality and safety.
- Have excellent planning and organisational and time management skills.
- Have good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Self-motivated with strong initiative and drive.
Please click on the Apply button. Please include a short note outlining why you are interested in the role and why you think you are suitable.
In case you have difficulty in applying or if you have any questions, please contact Dominic Cappell on 02039671074 or upload your CV on our website - www.proclinical.com/send-cv
A full job description is available on request.