Proclinical has partnered with an award-winning Contract Research Organisation in search of a Project Manager. The successful applicant will provide overall leadership on assigned projects and client accounts with responsibility for the overall conduct of assigned projects and accountable for the delivery of them to quality, scientific and regulatory expectations, timelines and within budget.
- Support Business Development in the preparation of quality cost estimates and project feasibility proposals and leading client and bid defence meetings
- Accountable for the profitable and productive management of study specific budgets, contracts and forecasts from project award to final delivery.
- Primary point of contact for the client, ensuring clear understanding and delivery of client expectations. Development of positive and established client relationships.
- Principal oversight for third party vendors successful delivery of contracted services.
- Accountable, on assigned projects, for the overall management of the project team by ensuring that the Project Leads within each service function are appropriately coordinating, resourcing, planning and managing the tasks and actions associated with their deliverables
- Maintenance of overall project plan including the function project plans across departments (or programme plan, as appropriate), and ensures continuity with assumptions and timelines
- Works with department managers to devise the staffing structure and functional plan for each project
- Regularly reviews project status and works with Project Leads to ensure that project issues and risks are appropriately managed
- Leads project post-mortems ensuring learning points are shared across teams for functional development and addressed in future costing proposals
- Coordinates impact on financial projections with Finance
- Support client and regulatory audits
Skills and Requirements
- Established project management, leadership and communication skills
- Strong client focus and commercial awareness
- Relevant experience in a similar role within pharma or CRO, managing timelines, budgets and quality across a portfolio of projects
- Clinical development knowledge across Phase I through IV studies
Proclinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical and medical device companies.