Project Management Officer
A leading pharmaceutical research organisation is seeking to recruit a Project Management Officer. The company, which develops targeted therapies to improve patient lives, is advertising the position for their London office. This is an exciting opportunity to work with a dynamic and innovative company that is dedicated to accelerating research into cancer research.
- Work with accountants to complete annual reports/filing for the: Charities Commission, HMRC, audit.
- Report progress against strategy and plan, risks and manage content for: trustee quarterly meetings, scientific advisory board meetings, and ad-hoc trustee meetings.
- Trustee mandates and other mandates for payments.
- Fulfil employment requirements of organisation and represent staff, e.g. changes in roles and responsibilities, new hires, holiday requests, payroll, contractual amendments, updates to policies, and procedures.
- Field employee concerns/questions to trustees.
- Provide oversight for Foundation's finances, including management of payments to suppliers, expenses, grant awards.
- Manage receipt of donations.
- Review book-keeper's work and support enquiries generated from banking or capital investment.
- Manage each of the workstream leads to plan their work in line with the Foundation's strategy and to hold workstream leads accountable to their timelines.
- Chair the weekly internal status meeting.
- Manage the non-scientific elements of the programmes, such as management of risks, generation of templates or tools to help track Foundation's work, and the outputs of grant awards.
- Write and plan stakeholder communications, oversee management of conferences and other external meetings.
- Manage patient engagement and build networks with associated patient/advocacy organisations.
- Oversee website improvements and contract appropriate scientific writers to support website content.
- Direct initiatives to build the Foundation's reputation and external presence.
- Manage business development and partnership development for co-funding of work (non-scientific elements).
- Review grant proposals from a strategic and programmatic (financial and planning) standpoint.
- Collaborate with scientific workstreams as required with programme management: e.g. negotiate contracts (where required), trouble shoot programmatic issues, etc.
- Be an active member of the team, working together with the team to achieve the strategic goals and mission of PTEN Research.
- Engender a culture of continuous improvement and excellence.
Skills and Requirements:
- Degree level education. Higher level qualification in business management.
- Relevant level of experience to manage a complex charitable organisation.
- Worked in life-sciences or with scientific partners.
- Worked in a not-for-profit organisation.
- Experience of managing finances and resources to a budget.
- Experience of simultaneously managing multiple different stakeholders.
- Extensive experience of project management in a life-sciences or a scientific organisation.
- It would be preferable for the candidate to have worked in a not-for-profit or charity, however that is not essential for the role.
- They will be comfortable dealing with a range of responsibilities from; finance, project management and governance to stakeholder management and high-level communications.
- Demonstrable multitasking, project management, and execution skills.
- Good interpersonal skills, including communication, presentation, persuasion, and influence.
- Good organisational skills, including efficiency, punctuality, and collaboration in a team environment.
- Proficiency with computer skills, such as MS Office.
Please click on the Apply button. Please include a short note outlining why you are interested in the role and why you think you are suitable.
In case you have difficulty in applying or if you have any questions, please contact Joseph Corderoy at +44 203 854 0629 or upload your CV on our website - www.proclinical.com.
A full job description is available on request.
Proclinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.
Proclinical Staffing is an equal opportunity employer.
An international pharmaceutical company that specialises in medical devices is advertising a vacancy for a Clinical Product Manager who will join their office in Malaysia.