Project Lead Statistician
A vacancy has arisen for a Project Lead Statistician in London with the opportunity to work from home. This is an exciting opportunity to work with a leading pharmaceutical organisation and support their innovative impact on the healthcare field.
- Lead the statistical input to the project development team, driving innovation and ensuring commitment to quality standards, processes and efficient delivery
- Foster and encourage a culture of innovation, and act as a role model to others in actively owning and driving the pragmatic use of innovative methods where appropriate.
- Provide strategic statistical input into the Project supporting the development of the Target Profile, Quantitative Plan and SSI Functional Plan.
- Lead and manage statistical delivery of the projects, ensuring that a comprehensive assessment of the statistical approaches required to address agreed development objectives is defined.
- Develop close collaboration with the project lead programmer and other members of SSI where relevant, ensuring the required capabilities are assigned to deliver against the SSI support to the project to agreed timelines and with quality. Ensure appropriate oversight of Strategic Partners and external vendors.
- Line manage UCB statistical staff within the project team providing statistical support, career progression advice (in line with SSI strategy) and training and enabling mentorship as necessary
Skills and Requirements
- Master's degree in Biostatistics or Statistics, (PhD is preferred, but not essential).
- 12+ years working within the Pharmaceutical industry.
- Early Development experience including trial design, simulations and Bayesian approaches
- Proven influencer and collaborator in an early/late development team environment
- Extensive experience in communicating complex quantitative ideas clearly with all levels of technical and non-technical personnel, in domestic and international environments
- Computer/software proficiency supporting data analysis, including expertise with the interpretation of data derived from analyses with software such as: SAS, R, Spotfire
- Previous experience in a Project Lead Statistical role, ideally in a Pharma or CRO environment
Proclinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical and medical device companies.