Project Lead Programmer
A well-known biotechnology company we are looking to fill the position of Project Lead Programmer. This organisation is focused on cutting-edge research to advance neurological, immunological and bone diseases.
- Effectively lead the project programming team and influence key stakeholders ensuring upward communication of major issues and learnings to Global Head of Programming and SSI leadership team
- Foster a culture of innovation, and act as a role model to others in actively owning and sharing the use of innovative methods throughout the statistical programming department
- Provide oversight and strategic direction of programming activities within the project team, ensuring commitment to quality standards and processes and efficient delivery.
- Contribute to the development of the internal profile of the SSI practice developing the group as a partner of choice.
- Engage cross functionally to provide expert input into collaboration projects such as publications, clinical reports and patient safety.
- Lead and manage both internal programming teams and major vendor partners
- Line manage permanent programming staff within the project team(s) providing technical support, career progression advice and training and enabling mentorship as necessary
- Collaborate with other Project Programming Leads to discuss resource requirements and staff development plans which impact the practice workforce planning.
- Report progress on practice clinical program planning to Global Head Programming.
Skills and Requirements
- BSc in Statistics, Mathematical, Statistical Computer Science or Life Science, or comparable required, MSc preferred.
- Extensive experience of working within the Pharmaceutical industry
- Experience of line managing programmers strongly preferred
- Extensive SAS and/or R programming knowledge, ideally to expert level
- Extensive knowledge of the drug development program across all phases of clinical studies
- Extensive knowledge of the regulatory submission requirements for datasets
- Computer/software proficiency supporting data analysis, including familiarity with software such as NONMEM, PKS. S+, BUGS or JMP in order to work in partnership with IT
Please click on the Apply button. Please include a short note outlining why you are interested in the role and why you think you are suitable.
In case you have difficulty in applying or if you have any questions, please contact Emma Adams at 0203 854 3893 or upload your CV on our website - www.proclinical.com/send-cv
A full job description is available on request.
Proclinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies