Process Analytical Scientist
Proclinical is currently recruiting for a Process Analytical Scientist with a biotechnology company located in Cambridge, MA.
- Collaborate with group members to generate samples which mimic the real-life conditions that the proteins would experience during the manufacturing process.
- Work with the vendor to coordinate onboarding of instrument, schedule and undergo training, collaborate to advance the project, and troubleshoot any issues that might come up.
- Work with other group members to train on existing methods such as FTIR and Raman spectroscopy.
- Design experiments and execute them, analyze data, write reports, and create presentations to share the work with others in the department.
- Evaluate the MMS technology and its ability to detect conformational changes in proteins as they go through the different stages of manufacturing.
- Compare the MMS technology to other, more traditional IR-based methods such as FTIR and Raman spectroscopy in terms of their sensitivity to variants.
Skills and Requirements:
- BS with 3 years of experience or MS with no experience in the biopharmaceutical industry.
- Desired majors include biochemistry, biophysics, biotechnology, biochemical engineering or equivalent. Legal authorization to work in the U.S.
- Theoretical background in biophysical characterization of proteins is desired.
- Prior experience with FTIR and/or Raman spectroscopy is preferred.
If you are having difficulty in applying or if you have any questions, please contact Nikki Ranieri at 215-531-5288.
ProClinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.
Proclinical Staffing is an equal opportunity employer.