Principal Statistician - Oncology
Proclinical is happy to advertise new a UK home-based Principal Statistician role for one of the largest pharmaceutical company in the global market. This is an exciting and varied opportunity to join a well-established team with responsibility for leading all statistical activities relating to clinical trial projects.
- Providing statistical input to the design, analysis, reporting and interpretation of clinical studies. Influencing clinical development plans, regulatory and commercial strategies.
- Building and maintaining effective strategic working relationships with internal and external partners to meet business needs.
- Identifying, developing and implementing novel statistical methodologies in support of medicines development.
- Our end-to-end project support model ensures that our statisticians have the opportunity to work across the entire range of drug development, from early clinical development, to registration and marketed product support.
Skills and Requirements
- MS in statistics or related field
- Practical understanding of statistical modelling and its application to real world clinical problems Track record of strong performance in an academic or industry setting
- Demonstrated experience working effectively in a team setting
- PhD in Statistical discipline
- 1+ years of relevant experience as a statistician in a clinical trial setting in the Pharmaceutical Industry
- Experience with Bayesian methods
- Expertise and practical application in multiple statistical methodologies
- Oncology experience
- Capability in building and maintaining strong working relationships in a team setting
- Demonstrated ability to explain novel and standard methods to scientific and clinical colleagues. Strong influencing skills applied effectively across functions and levels of an organisation
- Track record of strong statistical contributions and accomplishments in clinical drug development, with a broad knowledge of all phases of drug development (pre-clinical; Phase I-IV).
Proclinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.