Principal Scientist - Metabolic Drug Discovery
Proclinical are collaborating with a biotech organisation who are recruiting for an individual to join their team. This role is on a permanent basis. The opening position currently available is for a Lead Scientist.
- Provide input in the discovery and validation of new targets.
- Champion and guide the bioscience features of the programs.
- Collaborate cross-functionally to facilitate successful delivery of the company's research pipeline.
- You will use knowledge to contribute to programs which various modalities will be investigated.
- Assume a leadership position focusing on enhancing medicines for the high medical need in metabolic illness.
- Use knowledge and passion for driving scientific research with the team.
- Any other assigned duties.
Key Skills and Requirements:
- Presentation and communication skills both verbally and in writing.
- Interpersonal abilities.
- Familiarity within drug development within a pharmaceutical or biotech organisation.
- Past involvement guiding bioscience element in a drug discovery environment.
- Works well independently as well as in a team.
- Driven to experimental design and deliver outcomes for pipeline projects.
- Educated to PhD degree level with at least 3+ years of experience in research within an area pertinent to metabolic illness, type 2 diabetes, obesity or liver disease.
If you are having difficulty in applying or if you have any questions, please contact James Hume at +44 208 167 5468.
Proclinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.
Proclinical Staffing is an equal opportunity employer.