Principal Scientist, Cancer Immunology
Proclinical is currently recruiting for a Principal Scientist of Cancer Immunology with a consultancy firm located in Pittsburgh, PA. As the Principal Scientist, you will provide day-to-day leadership for the target validation platform development efforts. Specifically, the successful candidate will design, develop, and apply cutting-edge methods to accelerate target validation process for novel cancer immunotherapy development.
- Develop in-depth scientific knowledge in the area of research focus and contribute to the decision making on project direction.
- Provide scientific expertise and train/direct junior lab members in research techniques.
- Oversee the assay design and optimization efforts of junior lab members.
- Establish novel mechanistic insights addressing impact of novel target.
- Propose targets for experimental prosecution and design appropriate assays to validate each target and the biological hypothesis.
- Implement assays on a rolling basis to integrate platform learnings to increase sophistication of target validation.
- Lead efforts to develop and scale target validation scope and throughout over time.
- Works with and reports to the scientific founders and the Program Coordinator to investigate the most promising targets within the tumor microenvironment for the development of therapeutics.
Skills and Requirements:
- PhD in immunology with 4+ years of post-doctoral experience in academia or industry, experience in immuno-oncology is required.
- Proven ability to successful drive and lead research projects.
- Demonstrated record of success with strong publication record.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively supervise, inspire, and develop research associates.
- Experience performing and analyzing a broad array of molecular, cellular biological and immunology methods.
- Experience in working under GLP standards (writing research reports, SOPs, and IND sections) and ensuring safety compliance under BSL-2 is a plus.
- Good verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interpret, summarize, and present scientific results in a clear, concise, accurate manner to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Ability to deal with uncertainty and solve problems creatively and independently with solid judgement.
- The ideal candidate has demonstrated success in highly dynamic research and/or biotech setting.6+ years of experience post PhD, with preferably at least 2 years of experience in an industry setting preferred.
- Experience advancing assets from target discovery through validation preferred.
- Experience collaborating with computational teams preferred.
If you are having difficulty in applying or if you have any questions, please contact Natasha Patel at (+1) 617-778-7319 or email@example.com.
Proclinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology, and medical device companies.
Proclinical Staffing is an equal opportunity employer.