Principal Scientist/Associate Director, Oligonucleotide Biology
Proclinical is seeking an Associate Director/Principal Scientist to join a new biotechnology company developing oligonucleotide therapeutics for genetic diseases. We have established a proprietary target discovery engine leveraging large-scale human genetics studies to uncover novel targets where there is significant unmet need. Our lead asset is for the treatment of a severe neurological disease with the potential to be the first disease-modifying therapy in this indication.
- Development, optimization, and troubleshooting of methods to screen and characterize activity of antisense oligonucleotides (ASOs)
- Research and development of in vitro assays to evaluate impact of antisense oligonucleotides on RNA transcripts, protein expression, and other project-specific assays
- Apply molecular and cell-based assays including but not limited to RNA transfection, RNA & protein isolation, gene expression analysis (RT-qPCR & RNASeq), western blot, and fluorescence immunocytochemistry
Skills and Requirements
- Ph.D. degree in molecular biology, RNA biology, biochemistry, neuroscience, or related field
- Minimum of 3-5 years' experience working in an industry lab setting with antisense oligonucleotides
- Strong molecular biology skills including basics such as qRT-PCR, western blot, primer/probe design, cell transfection, etc.
- Extensive experience and demonstrated expertise in mammalian cell culture
- Strong understanding of genomics and transcriptomics, including gene regulation and splicing mechanisms
- Demonstrated ability to reproduce/adapt published protocols, interpret complex experimental results, and troubleshoot technical issues independently
- Experience working with next generation sequencing (ex. RNAseq) a plus
- Experiencing managing junior team members and leading projects
- Exceptional attention to detail with excellent written and verbal communication skills
If you are having difficulty in applying or if you have any questions, please contact Max Robinson at (+1) 857-362-9542 or email@example.com.
Proclinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.
Proclinical Staffing is an equal opportunity employer.