Principal Scientist / Associate Director, mRNA Project Leader
Proclinical is working with a gene therapy start-up company, developing treatments for CNS and other areas of high unmet medical need, located in Boston, MA. Our client is in search for a Principal Scientist / Associate Director, mRNA Project Leader that will participate in the early R&D of innovative mRNA therapies for patients with serious diseases. The position requires passion, engagement and a desire to move projects forward.
- Strategic leader of one (or more) mRNA projects in the areas of immuno/oncology, infectious diseases or vaccination program
- Integration of company decisions and business considerations into the project
- Prioritization of program key objectives, data reviews and milestone deliverables
- Adapting the mRNA therapeutic property to the selected disease profile, increasing the chance of successful treatment in patients
- Monitoring changing regulatory requirements, as well as competitive landscape
- Collaboration within the mRNA group, as well across other functions
- As a team effort, identification of animal models for Non-GLP and GLP toxicology studies
- Demonstration of efficacy, durability and safety (especially immuno-safety) for innovative mRNA therapeutics and delivery vehicles, leading to identification of lead molecules within timelines
- Collect, analyze and document experimental data
- Present the final results to team members and line manager
- The successful candidate is expected to do hands-on bench work as requested
Skills and Requirements:
- MS in biology or related discipline and 7+ years of relevant research experience
- Ph.D. in biology or related discipline and 5+ years of relevant research experience
- Prior research experience in biotech or pharmaceutical industry is required, in particular the therapeutic application of mRNA or CRISPR/CAS technologies towards IND filing
- Proven track record of leading mRNA programs through IND-enabling studies into clinical development
- Sound experience with mRNA therapeutics and in vivo delivery concepts (such as lipid nanoparticles)
- Ability to move projects forward and produce data on time
- Proficiency in the relevant areas of natural and synthetic mRNA biology (DNA, mRNA, protein)
- Understanding how medicinal chemistry efforts enhance mRNA performance
- Familiarity with a broad range of bioanalytical, molecular biology methods or biochemical assays to characterize mRNA and its impact on disease progression (such as ELISA, MSD, Flow Cytometry, RT-PCR, Nanostring)
- Capacity to identify and solve problems
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Motivation to work independently as part of a very collaborative, international team
If you are having difficulty in applying or if you have any questions, please contact Max Robinson at (+1) 617-903-7746 or email@example.com.
Proclinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.
Proclinical Staffing is an equal opportunity employer.