Principal Scientist/Associate Director-level, Chemistry
Proclinical is seeking a Principal Scientist/Associate Director-level, Chemistry for a cutting-edge biotech company located in South San Francisco, CA.
As an Staff Scientist, Chemistry, you will act as a chemistry project lead to drive programs from early discovery to IND-filing.
Must be eligible to work in the US.
- Direct and execute medicinal chemistry objectives, including the development of effective chemistry strategies to address key project objectives and provide effective solutions for medicinal and synthetic chemistry issues to enable the discovery of development candidates.
- Work collaboratively side by side with internal computational and artificial intelligence teams in hypothesis-driven design, and selection of small molecules for synthesis, SAR analysis, and progression for biological evaluation.
- Manage Chemistry, ADME, and DMPK CRO resource(s).
- Solve synthetic and medicinal chemistry problems.
- Communicate effectively across managerial and drug discovery matrix of disciplines who participates as an engaged member of a highly interactive and multidisciplinary drug discovery team, contributing scientific knowledge and intellectual leadership across projects.
- Support projects by supplying competitive landscape, collaborative opportunities, and technologies.
- Lead by example with research integrity and work ethic.
Skills and Requirements:
- D. in synthetic organic chemistry with 8+ years of relevant medicinal chemistry drug discovery experience.
- Extensive working knowledge of synthetic organic chemistry, modern medicinal chemistry, and drug discovery techniques.
- Demonstrated experience managing scientific collaborations and CRO outsourcing activities.
- Demonstrated experience leading and/or participation on multiple early discovery projects to successful IND clinical candidate selection.
- Demonstrated patent record, including leading/writing chemistry sections of patent applications.
- Structure Based Drug Design experience is a plus.
- Creative, out-of-box thinker, and a "do-er".
- Excellent written, verbal, communication, and interpersonal skills to work within a team setting and easy to get along with.
If you are having difficulty in applying or if you have any questions, please contact Danielle Bahnasy at +(1) 646-868-5142 or email@example.com.
Proclinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.
Proclinical Staffing is an equal opportunity employer.