Pharmaceutical Manufacturing Operation Manager
Pharmaceutical Manufacturing Operation Manager - Permanent - Onsite
Proclinical is seeking a Pharmaceutical Manufacturing Operation Manager to join a cutting-edge biotech company. This is a permanent role located in Philadelphia, PA.
This role will provide guidance and oversite to the process and production as well as timely document review, ensuring material is made in a safe and compliant manner and meeting company targets. This individual will be directly responsible for the teams who make up either upstream or downstream manufacturing, whose direct responsibilities include producing product on the manufacturing floor. The Manufacturing Manager will also be responsible for the development of staff, to accommodate our needs as a growing organization.
Skills & Requirements:
- Minimum B.S. degree in biology, biochemistry, bioengineering, or related technical field, or equivalent industry experience.
- Demonstrated technical knowledge of aseptic processing in cleanroom environments a must.
- Solid knowledge of FDA regulations and GMP systems.
- Solid knowledge of human error reduction strategies, right-first time execution, and just culture.
- Demonstrated project management skills. Excellent oral and written communication skills. Strong technical writing ability.
- Experience leading "development" initiatives, i.e., training, coaching, learning initiatives.
- Ability to motivate and mentor peers and staff as well as foster a culture of continuous improvement and operational excellence.
- Proactive, results oriented, self-starter with demonstrated strong leadership skills and experience in a complex manufacturing environment. Self-motivated and willing to accept temporary responsibilities outside of initial job description.
- Must be comfortable in a fast-paced small company environment with minimal direction and able to adjust workload based upon changing priorities.
- Ability to deal with ambiguity - ready to change gears and plans quickly, with the need to manage constant change.
- Ability to build relationships quickly and credibly. Provide consistent, excellent support to entire staff, with the ability to manage and influence large teams within the manufacturing environment (potentially 50+ employees) representing a variety of personalities and experience levels.
- Must adhere to our core values, policies, procedures and business ethics.
- Minimum 3+ years of experience in biopharmaceutical-based GMP manufacturing operations, including experience in cell culture and associated downstream processing.
- As this person will be the responsible for oversight of the autologous cell therapy manufacturing program, a background in cell culture, aseptic gowning and qualification, and ISO class 5 cleanroom operations is required. Cell/gene therapy experience.
- Minimum of 5-10 years of experience in biopharmaceutical based GMP manufacturing operations, including experience in cell culture and associated downstream processing.
- Minimum of 3 years in a Lead/Leadership/Supervisory Role.
- Clarity of vision at near and mid-range, depth perception, ability to identify and distinguish colors. May be given a visual exam for visual acuity and color perception.
- Quality mindset, familiar with 21 CFR Part 11 and standard GxP best practices and FDA regulations.
- Proactive, results oriented, self-starter with experience in a complex manufacturing environment.
- May require travel based on business needs
- Must be eligible to work in the US.
The Pharmaceutical Manufacturing Operation Manager will:
- Oversees the Manufacturing Operations team to support startup and clinical production, as well as initial plan for commercial material in support of our strategic objectives.
- Develop schedules for manufacturing that meet monthly and quarterly targets. Ensure resources are adequate to complete operations and fully optimized from an operational excellence perspective.
- Lead critical level investigations as related to the manufacturing and initial validation steps. Approve deviations, non-conformances, and CAPAs as required. Partner with Quality to address these issues effectively and compliantly.
- Identify, lead, and implement continuous improvement opportunities for process and production related items. Expertise level in visual management, KPIs, huddle boards etc. Continuously seek and support new approaches, practices and processes to improve the efficiency and efficacy of the operation.
- Ensure batch-related documentation (batch records and SOPs) is closed in a timely manner to support batch release. Since it is a just-in-time manufacturing process, careful coordination and communication will be required between Operations, Quality Release and Supply Chain team.
- Maintain robust training program to ensure timely, efficient, and effective training of individuals. A highly effective "First time right" program is required for autologous cell therapy.
- Participate in tours or information requests for all agency and internal audits of the manufacturing facilities/processes and respond to any observations received per procedure.
- Develop and provide monthly manufacturing metrics and "Health of the Operations"
- Lead personnel actions to include recruiting, onboarding, performance management, training, promotions, transfers, etc.
- Supervision and development of direct reports, mentoring/coaching to motivate and mentor peers/ staff, to foster a culture of continuous improvement and operational excellence.
- Establish objectives and conduct performance reviews, monitoring progress toward objectives and provide timely feedback to Management.
- Author and revise documentation, including drafting and approval of SOPs, Batch Records, Deviations, CAPAs, etc.
- Ensure the department understands and complies with quality standards and requirements as documented. Ensure efficient operations, and compliance with cGMPs and safety regulations.
- Other duties as assigned.
If you are having difficulty in applying or if you have any questions, please contact Mike Raletz at (+1) 267-428-7770 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Proclinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.
Proclinical Staffing is an equal opportunity employer.