Proclinical is currently recruiting for a Payment Specialist for a leading pharmaceutical company in North Chicago, Illinois. Successful candidate will work with Clinical teams, Clinical Analysts, appropriate departmental team members & resources, and functional areas to maintain the flow of purchase order payment requests using the designated invoice screening/tracker database, and systems.
- Responsible for compliance with applicable Corporate and Divisional Policies and procedures.
- Primary interface with Clinical teams and other functional groups for payment-related activities.
- Coordinate payment timelines between Payment Specialists and other functional areas.
- Use available databases and resources related to EDC database(s) in order to set-up payments in departmental database / system. May enter contract data into departmental database/system.
- Act as primary resource to Payment Specialists on answering questions or providing guidance on the invoice processing process.
- Maintain tracking of payment activities to ensure adherence to timelines.
- Communicate status to management including proposing recommendations for issue resolution.
- Responsible for producing accurate and high-quality payments and reports in a timely manner.
- Investigate and resolve issues that arise independently or with minimal oversight Responsible for effectively assessing and trouble-shooting issues that arise during the routine processing of payments or generation of reports.
- Collaborates on or leads conflict resolution when needed toward a positive outcome/result that addresses the issue at hand.
Skills and Requirements:
- High School diploma or equivalent with 6+ years' relevant experience or an Associate's with 2 years' relevant experience or a Bachelor's, preferably in Finance or Business.
- Thorough knowledge of standard business procedures including outsourcing, finance and budgeting.
- Exercise appropriate judgment when prioritizing work tasks; Demonstrated ability to successfully manage projects to completion consistent with stated turn-around times and / or deadlines. Demonstrates analytical and critical thinking skills.
- Operates independently and with minimal oversight.
- Strong understanding of the overall Global Clinical Study process is preferred; Demonstrates solid knowledge of a clinical study protocol and demonstrated ability to translate it into contractual payment terms.
- Must be proficient in computer skills including Microsoft Office and have the ability to learn new software/technology quickly.
- Must have thorough understanding of the payments process and systems and be able to learn software systems quickly.
- Strong math and communication skills and experience with MS Excel and database entry necessary. Experience in clinical research, Finance, Outsourcing, Accounts Payable, or equivalent is required.
- Must have attention to detail and the ability to recognize and work with manager to resolve computational and contractual errors in contracts and invoices.
- Well-developed communication skills and presentation skills that support effective interaction with professionals, external sites, and vendors.
Please click on the Apply button. Please include a short note outlining why you are interested in the role and why you think you are suitable.
In case you have difficulty in applying or if you have any questions, please call Nadine Rucci at (+1) 215-531-5281 or upload your resume on our website - www.proclinical.com.
A full job description is available on request.
Proclinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.
Proclinical Staffing is an equal opportunity employer.
An international pharmaceutical organisation is seeking to recruit a Senior Accountant to their office in Switzerland.
München (81249), Germany
A commercial-stage medical device manufacturer is seeking to hire an Accounts Payable Accountant to their office in Germany.