MSL Team Lead
ProClinical is pleased to advertise a highly lucrative vacancy for an MSL Team Lead to join a join a global biopharmaceutical company, that boasts a solid commercial portfolio of life-saving drugs within several therapy areas. This exciting company is recruiting a talented and hard-working MSL Team Lead to join their team in Munich.
The Medical Science Lead (MS Lead) will guide and manage the team of Medical Scientists (MS) in their assigned Therapeutic Area of liver diseases (LVD). Under the TA Lead, and in collaboration with the Medical (Project) Managers, the MS Lead will co-develop the Medical Affairs product and TA strategy and ensure its execution through the MS team. This will require close national and international collaboration with colleagues from other departments.
Key accountabilities include leadership of the Liver diseases MS team at the national level, development of the MS communication and (K)OL engagement strategy, and its implementation based on the Plan of Action (POA). This role will be office-based; however, it will require national and international travel, which will include internal meetings and external scientific conferences.
- Leading and managing the team of Medical Scientists at the national level.
- Providing clear strategic guidance for the execution of the MS objectives within the TA strategies, medical POAs, and cross-functional projects.
- Ensuring continuous development and training of the team and individual team members based on the company´s MS Competency Model; acting as a coach and mentor for the MSs.
- Setting clear performance expectations that are aligned with company and department goals; monitoring progress and delivering fair and effective performance reviews.
- Ensuring appropriate planning and reporting of MS activities.
- Planning and monitoring the budget for the MS team and MS activities.
- Leading the hiring of the team and ensuring excellent onboarding of new team members.
- Participating in the exchange with the medical community and maintaining a thought leaders' network.
- Contributing to the medical TA leadership and providing strategic input into the TA strategy (medical and cross-functional) and POAs.
- Contributing to the development and execution of the Medical Affairs strategy (including medical communication, (K)OL engagement, insight and evidence generation).
- Ensuring the implementation of international Medical Affairs initiatives on a national level through MS team.
- Directing and overseeing the planning and execution of MS activities, e.g. advisory boards, medical education programs, data generation, ISR and Phase IV support.
- Contributing to the overall product strategy by participating in national and international product/brand team(s).
- Collaborating effectively and in a compliant manner with colleagues in other functional areas, e.g. Clinical Research, Sales and Marketing, Market Access, PVE
- Reviewing, improving, and developing existing and new tools to optimally manage the MS function.
- Staying up to date MS management approaches in the industry and applying them to the company's MS team where appropriate.
- Establishing and defining this role for the Medical Affairs department. This will include establishing a professional and proactive MS leadership approach according to industry benchmarks.
Skills and Requirements:
- Advanced scientific degree (i.e. MD, PharmD, PhD).
- People management experience (ideally experience in leading field based teams)
- Proven track record of planning and executing a medical affairs plan.
- Ability to embrace the company's patient-centric values, including highest ethical and compliance standards.
- Works independently with minimal supervision.
- Excellent organizational skills including attention to detail and prioritization.
- Strategic mindset with a focus on collaboration and excellence.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in German and English.
- Similar experience gained within other pharmaceutical organisations with solid experience in Medical Affairs.
- Scientific and/or clinical knowledge in gastroenterology (hepatology) and/or infective diseases and/or endocrinology (diabetology).
- Proven ability to work in a cross-functional matrix.
- Experience of working in an international environment.
- Previous experience as Medical Scientist.
- Established German thought leader network in in gastroenterology (hepatology) and/or infective diseases and/or endocrinology (diabetology).
Please click on the Apply button. Please include a short note outlining why you are interested in the role and why you think you are suitable.
In case you have difficulty in applying or if you have any questions, please call Tom Russell on +44 203 824 6104 or upload your CV on our website - www.proclinical.com.
A full job description is available on request.
ProClinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.
€0.00 - €80000.00 per annum
ProClinical is advertising a vacancy for a Medical Officer position with a leading CRO
ProClinical is partnering with an internationally renowned pharmaceutical company
€0.00 - €170000.00 per annum
Frankfurt am Main, Hessen
ProClinical has partnered with an international pharmaceutical company
€0.00 - €100000.00 per annum
ProClinical is pleased to advertise a highly lucrative vacancy for an Medical Project Manager, Medical Affairs to join a join a global biopharmaceutical company,
Swiss Franc0.00 - Swiss Franc170000.00 per annum
A global healthcare company that specializes in lifesaving medicines and technologies for infusion, transfusion and clinical nutrition
ProClinical is currently advertising a position on behalf of a global pharmaceutical company
Highly Competitive Salary
Foster City, California
At ProClinical, we are seeking a talented individual to fill the role of Project Manager - Medical Affairs, based in Foster City, CA.