MSL - Rare Hematological Diseases
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Medical Science Liaison with a speciality in Rare Hematological Diseases to join a large pharmaceutical company in South England. This role will participate in strategic and tactical development of medical affairs.
- Conducts high level scientific and strategic interactions across the GBT portfolio with external thought leaders as well as internal GBT customers
- Ensures appropriate non-biased scientific exchange, develops sustainable relationships with HCPs and provides scientific support to HCPs on behalf of GBT and Medical Affairs in their geographic region.
- Fosters opinion leaders by maintaining mutually productive relationships with HCPs & key decision makers across different types of healthcare organizations including clinical research, group purchasing organizations in the areas of medical education and healthcare systems
- Attends & participates in medical/scientific meetings & conferences for the purpose of maintaining clinical/scientific expertise & providing strategic insights into emerging scientific data & healthcare trends
- Contributes to or leads Medical Affairs projects at cluster level, supports Market Access activities by providing scientific expertise for various stakeholders
- Responsible for supporting medical education. Leads efforts across Medical Affairs to keep abreast of latest scientific, disease state, and healthcare landscape information and uses this information to provide value to both external and internal stakeholders
- The MSL has a deep understanding of the scientific trends and routinely synthesizes their scientific field insights and communicates to the appropriate affiliate and headquarter based colleagues.
- Supports execution of clinical development programs with interactions with study teams and HCPs/researchers,
- Support country specific medical activities in SCD aligned to the European / country strategy
- Site identification, site feasibility and physician/nurse education for both marketed products and the pipeline for company sponsored research
Skills and Requirements
- An advanced degree in life sciences (MD, PharmD, PhD or equivalent) is preferred with a minimum of 3-5 years of experience as an MSL, with 3 years in the field as an MSL or in a comparable role
- Has an established and demonstrated track record of effective and influential oral presentations with the healthcare profession
- Has excellent leadership, management and negotiation skills. The ability to work in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
- Ability to influence and work effectively across functions and operate in a matrix environment
- Demonstrated 3 year's minimum of therapeutic research or substantive patient care experience is required
Proclinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical and medical device companies.