Molecular biology Training Specialist
Proclinical is currently recruiting for a molecular biology training specialist for a leading global pharmaceutical company located in Philadelphia, PA. Successful candidate will be responsible for developing and delivering training to those who perform testing activities within the Molecular Biology department according to current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMPs).
- Follow, execute and train others to follow and execute Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), Test Methods (TMs) and Batch Records (BRs), in addition to identify and address technical gaps and issues.
- Develop and deliver hands on training to all levels of laboratory personnel.
- Participate, support, present and represent the Molecular laboratory as a Subject Matter Expert during regulatory inspections and client audits.
- Participate, review, approve and train others to author basic technical documents such as LIRs, NCEs and deviations.
- Train, coach and mentor others in all basic operational testing techniques, overall systems and operations, and maintain records, files and databases.
- Oversee performance and is able to explain the 'why' of acceptable and unacceptable aseptic technique practices and can identify technique gaps and opportunities.
- Identify gaps and/or issues, suggest, participate, implement and lead continuous improvement ideas and recommend path forward for decision making.
- Follow compliance and regulatory requirements and current Good Manufacturing Practices.
- Develop and deliver alternative and unique training approaches for that may be identified through gaps, issues and analysis, as well as training presentation for SOP changes.
- Train others on the performance Molecular Biology Assays.
- Assign training work assignments, as well as teach, coach and mentor others to solve basic technical problem.
Skills and Requirements:
- BS, MS, or PhD in Molecular Biology (preferred) or a Biological Science with 3+ years of relevant or equivalent experience.
- Learning and/or training accreditations and certifications are a plus.
- Prior experience in the pharmaceutical and biotechnology industry.
- Ability to accurately and reproducibly perform arithmetic calculations including fractions, decimals and percentages and basic algebraic and geometric calculations.
- Basic and fundamental engineering and mechanical knowledge, technical method transfer and validation activities.
- Proficient in Oral & Written communication skills.
- Need to be able to read, write and understand English.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office required.
- Must be able to work in an office environment with minimal noise conditions.
- Must be able to work in Lab setting with exposure to Biohazards and various Chemicals
- Must be able to wear appropriate PPE
- Must be able to work in environment with variable noise levels
Please click on the Apply button. Please include a short note outlining why you are interested in the role and why you think you are suitable.
In case you have difficulty in applying or if you have any questions, please call Mike Raletz at (+1) 267-428-7770 or upload your resume on our website - www.proclinical.com.
A full job description is available on request.
Proclinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.
Proclinical Staffing is an equal opportunity employer.
A leading biotechnology company is advertising a vacancy for a Fermentation Scientist position in their Swiss office.
An international pharmaceutical company is seeking to recruit an Oncology Expert to their French office.
A leading biotechnology company is seeking a Cell-line Development Scientist to join their office in Oxford.
A leading pharmaceutical company is advertising a vacancy for a Biologics Head for their office in Shanghai.