Metabolomics - Industrialisation Scientist
A growing global leader in the development, delivery and commercialisation of cell therapies have a fantastic job opening for a Metabolomics Industrialisation Scientist at their base in London. This is a dynamic and innovative organisation who pride themselves on their passion and expertise in the medical field.
- Support the establishment of an LCMS platform, including library creation, to enable discovery of metabolomic and proteomics biomarkers.
- Development, validation/qualification of state-of-the-art mass spectrometry assays in support of mechanistic, prognostic and diagnostic analyses in variety of biological matrices.
- Apply expert knowledge of metabolomics datasets to characterise and optimise cell culture processes.
- Perform data analysis on acquired datasets and collaborate with statisticians and data scientists to deliver results.
- Contribute to validation/qualification protocols and reports and present results to internal and external collaborators.
- Adhere to established standard operating procedures, industry practice and regulatory guidance as appropriate.
- Maintain accurate records and manage data in line with company policies.
- Demonstrate competency in troubleshooting, optimisation and implementation of challenging and innovative LC-MS assays.
- Strong background in analytical biochemistry/chemistry with emphasis on mass spectrometry applications in metabolomics or proteomics.
- Significant experience in method development, troubleshooting and complex data analysis.
- Strong background in the analysis of omics-based datasets with the use of online databases.
- Proficiency with mass spectrometry software, data analysis software (Spotfire, MATLAB, R, JMP, etc.) word processing, and graphical computer programs.
- Experience with chromatographic separation of various analytes by LC, ion mobility and characterisation and quantification by MS or MS/MS.
- Experience of mammalian cell culture and the use of aseptic techniques.
Skills and Requirement:
- PhD in cell biology/biochemistry/chemistry with a strong emphasis on metabolomics or proteomics.
- MSc with 3+ years of industrial experience in metabolomics or proteomics or appropriate Life Science environment.
- Ability to work in a matrix-team environment to contribute expertise and influence the design and planning of laboratory work.
- Ability to work within a fast-paced professional environment, maintaining a high standard of work.
- High degree of motivation, problem solving skills and innovative thinking.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills including technical report writing.
- Ability to work quickly and accurately under limited supervision.
- Proven ability to engage constructively with colleagues at all levels across different departments to deliver objectives.
- A good team player easily adaptable to new challenges.
- Good interpersonal skills, including communication, collaboration, presentation, persuasion, and influence.
- Good organisational skills, including efficiency, strategic thinking, manages complexity, punctuality, and collaboration in a team environment.
- Good IT skills including experience of using programming languages and data analysis software packages.
- Proficiency with computer skills, such as MS Office.
Please click on the Apply button. Please include a short note outlining why you are interested in the role and why you think you are suitable.
In case you have difficulty in applying or if you have any questions, please contact Marjolene D'Almeida-Ayeni at 0203 854 2626 or upload your CV on our website - www.proclinical.com.
A full job description is available on request.
Proclinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.