Medical Science Liaison (MSL)
A leading biotechnology company is seeking to recruit a Medical Science Liaison to their office in Spain. The company is known for their work in developing therapeutics that treat rare genetic diseases, some of which affect as few as 1000 people worldwide. This is an exciting opportunity to join a dynamic global business and support its commercial presence across Europe, along with other regions.
- Scientific engagement with KOLs in healthcare, academia, payer (as required), and government organizations (as required) to disseminate scientific information, gather insights, and evaluate the expert opinion of KOLs.
- Becoming a trusted scientific partner by enhancing the understanding of the scientific and medical value of BMRN products (pre- and post/at-launch).
- Proactive KOL mapping and planning according to the scientific strategic needs of the product or therapeutic area (pre- and post/at-launch)
- Developing and implementing Scientific Exchange meetings at hospital level.
- Supporting the Area Director on the development and implementation of regional or national Scientific Educational Programmes in line with BMRN's scientific needs, including the scientific briefing of the speakers (pre- and post/at-launch).
- Conducting drug administration (infusion) readiness trainings upon request (post/at-launch).
- Supporting institution site readiness and perform on site drug risk-management drug education/information of post-marketing studies as required (post/at-launch).
- Scientific conference support (pre-and post/at-launch)
- Collaborating with colleagues to identify attending HCPs and arrange meetings with regional/global colleagues as necessary and/or scientific exchange meetings.
- During the conference
- Attending relevant scientific sessions.
- Engaging in scientific exchange (ad-hoc, mostly pre-planned).
- Staff BMRN medical booths.
- Developing and delivering a full meeting report to be shared cross-functionally.
- Preparing post-conference updates to not-attending HCPs.
- Coordinating with Medical Information the provision of answers for on- or off-label queries (pre-and post/at-launch).
- Reactive provision of information to local PAGs in lieu of Area Director in collaboration with Patient Advocacy (pre- and post/at-launch).
Support evidence generation
- Working with investigators in company sponsored studies supporting Clin Ops and/or Study Management resources.
- Proactively informing HCPs about sponsored trials to help recruit investigators,
- Partnering with clinical operations and CROs to ensure surveillance and compliance with study programmes, and proactively engaging with investigators both during startup and ongoing throughout the study to maintain interest in and education about the study (pre- and post/at-launch)
- Working with potential investigators supporting the development and submission of IIR proposals aligned with BMRN's strategy (mostly post/at-launch).
- Sharing insights and knowledge from HCPs interactions with cross-functional team members: MSLs may proactively ask questions to understand the HCP's scientific point of view on topics to share as insights for BMRN per Data protection laws (pre- and post/at-launch)
- Identifying unmet medical needs and bring back the corresponding insights to the organisation so they can be actioned accordingly by the relevant party (pre- and post-launch)
- Collecting data and insights to understand patient and treatment journey (pre- and post-launch)
Skills and Requirements:
- An advanced scientific training at BSc (Hons) level at minimum coupled with significant medical/clinical/academic credentials typically consisting of but not limited to a doctorate degree (PhD, PharmD, MD, etc.) in the life sciences.
- Strong external customer focus.
- Excellent networking capabilities and ability to integrate in a multifaceted team.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, presentation and listening skills (including the ability to network) are crucial for the success in the role.
- Excellent teaching skills and ability to present and discuss scientific material clearly and succinctly.
- Ability to summarise and convey scientific literature, as well as to write reports, papers and research protocols.
- Scientific inquisitiveness is a substantial asset.
Please click on the Apply button. Please include a short note outlining why you are interested in the role and why you think you are suitable.
In case you have difficulty in applying or if you have any questions, please contact Tom Russell at 0203 824 6104 or upload your CV on our website - www.proclinical.com.
A full job description is available on request.
Proclinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.
A leading biotechnology company is advertising a vacancy for a Medical Science Liaison position.
A global and leading healthcare company is currently recruiting a Medical Scientific Liaison.
Hannover (30165), Germany
A leading biotechnology company is seeking to recruit an Haemophilia Medical Science Liaison to their office in Germany.
A pioneering drug delivery technology company is currently recruiting a Medical Science Liaison DACH to their German office.
An exciting vacancy for a Medical Science Liaison has arisen with an international pharmaceutical company, based in their office in the Madrid.
A commercial-stage medical device manufacturer is seeking to hire a Medical Science Liaison Oncology to their office in South Germany.
Milan (province), Italy
Proclinical is excited to announce a new job role that has arisen for a Medical Science Liaison position with a global pharmaceutical company.