Medical Science Liaison, Italy
Proclinical is excited to announce a new job role that has arisen for a Medical Science Liaison position with a global biopharmaceutical company. The organisation is known for their dedicated mission to transform the lives of patients with serious and rare diseases. The Milan based opening to make some ground-breaking contributions to medicine.
- Implement and manage operational plans within approved budgets as derivative of the overall EU and Italian strategy and in line with the compliance guidelines
- Contribute to the development and execution of educational strategies for key stakeholders and referral networks
- Build/maintain excellent relationships with all stakeholders (physicians, head of departments, pharmacists, hospitals and regional managers), fulfil their requests for information and/or expertise and contribute to the strategic insights gathering from the External Experts (EE) community
- Meet with targeted stakeholders to gain full understanding of their needs and expectations to support their medical decisions for the best patient's outcome
- Design and drive implementation of appropriate educational meetings, advisory boards, expert panels & scientific workshops
- Support Clinical Operation team to identify and engage EE Centres in clinical trials participation
- In conjunction with other functions co-create the Italian Congress Plan strategy
- Support 'critical issues management' plans, working with head office and field-based colleagues to diagnose, plan and implement necessary actions.
- Ensure ethical engagement of Healthcare Professionals to guarantee that relevant company policies are followed
- Complete administrative requirements, provide feedback, and comply with guidelines and policies
- Attend meetings and training sessions; be responsible for keeping the acquired scientific knowledge level up to highest standard.
Skills and Requirements
- Advanced post graduate scientific degree required (MD, PhD, Pharm D).
- Minimum 2 years of experience in specialty market, preferably as Regional Manager (MSL/KAM/PAM) in the rare disease area
- Local drug access experience, introducing and managing products inside Local (regional hospitals)
- Maintaining relationship with all key stakeholders at all levels (HCPs, but also pharmacists, local health authorities etc) will be consider a plus
- Proven experience in senior key pharmaceutical stakeholder's management
- Knowledge of local guidelines and regulations, especially referred to stakeholder's interaction, working knowledge of country regulation as referred to access would be very appreciated
- Drive for results, solution oriented, focus on the bottom line
- Personal resilience, perseverance, energy and drive
- Self-motivation, able to work independently as well on cross-functional teams
- Fluency in Italian (native speaker) and good command of English, both written and oral
- Adequate computer skills, including Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint), CRM system (e.g. Veeva) and use of new media
Please click on the Apply button. Please include a short note outlining why you are interested in the role and why you think you are suitable.
In case you have difficulty in applying or if you have any questions, please contact Edward White at +44 203 854 2622 or upload your CV on our website - www.proclinical.com.
A full job description is available on request.
Proclinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.